• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add-Ons Website -> Apps Marketplace Migration

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@raiwa has already started linking his submissions to his support topics! Examples can be seen here:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/G3NiL&holiday-promotional-message-bs
https://apps.oscommerce.com/XTWqf&store-mode-bs

In the next update to the Apps Marketplace it will be possible to automatically create a support/announcement topic for new submissions.

:heart:, osCommerce

I believe, yes. Many add-ons are not followed up by the original author. Maybe it could be linked to public uploads allowed?

@Harald Ponce de Leon

Hi Harald

While trying to add this support topic

to this app

https://apps.oscommerce.com/OQmFS&osc-supportticket-system-1-2-for-2-3-4bs

it refused to find the thread when I typed in any combination of the title

I think it doesn't like the slashes in Ticket/help/support system, but it may be something else.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@Harald Ponce de Leon,

same here with this contribution:

Sloppy Words Cleaner reloaded

support thread:

[CONTRIBUTION] Sloppy Words Cleaner

seems it doesn't like the brackets: [...]

if it's the reason, could you remove "[CONTRIBUTION]" from the support thread title?

Thanks

Rainer

@Harald Ponce de Leon,

could this also be moved to the add-on support directory:

Español pack para OsC Responsive BS EDGE o Gold

And another one which has both issues:

[Contribution] Recently Viewed Products(sales optimized)

This one doesn't show up without recognizable reason:

Related Products BS

Support thread:

Optional Related Products, Version 4.0

thanks

Rainer

@Harald Ponce de Leon

Ok I tried to update this add on : https://apps.oscommerce.com/Edit&oZXO0 to include the forum link an image
The update does'nt seem work.
update link + image : does'nt work
update support link : does'nt work.

process :
yesterday : include the add on
today : try to update to include image and support link.
photo with size : 320 x 180 png

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

@Harald Ponce de Leon

Is it possible to somehow flag that an addon is no longer being supported?

For example, @raiwa recently stated that he considered his addon "iOSC - Mobile version of OSC on your iPhone"  was discontinued, and would no longer support it ...

It would be useful for people to know this before downloading it.

Just a thought ...

Malcolm

@ArtcoInc

I think once 2.3.6 comes out, and the apps marketplace is updated to highlight 2.3.6 apps, then non 2.36 addons should be considered obsolete unless developers are keen to support them.

We can focus on an up to date version of osC and not spend time trying to keep shops using 5-10-even15 year old software going.

I consider the 2.3.5 fix a way to keep older stores going a little longer while they plan and execute their upgrade, not as a serious long term solution for any shop owner.

2 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

Is it possible to somehow flag that an addon is no longer being supported?

Right now it's possible for the author to edit the short and main description of their submission where a note can be added. It's also possible for the author to allow others to upload updates to the submission (either everyone or specific users) so others can continue development. In the near future it will be possible for authors to remove their submissions.

How should the flag work with that in mind? Should a flagged submission allow updates to be uploaded or should it remain in a permanent locked state? Should flagged submissions show in the listing and search results or be hidden and only accessible via a direct url? Should an extra warning be shown in the download window?

@raiwa your feedback on this would be great!

:heart:, osCommerce

@Harald Ponce de Leon,

I believe it is enough to be able to edit the add-on and the possibility to remove it.

I'll add a note to the description.

It is a very particular case that the add-on got obsolete by the BS version. I do not think that it makes sense to open the add-on to public for to continue development. Store owners should rather be encouraged to upgrade to responsive BS.

Maybe it is comparable to other add-ons which functionality has been included in the core, like modular index and your PayPal App.

rgds

Rainer

EDIT: Title and desciptions updated :-)

I think that some sort of a comment/review or rating system would be ideal.  That would cover pretty well every thing that might come up including things like...

a) this is an awesome contribution - a must have for any shop owner.

b) this contribution is not longer supported.

c) this is a POS.

d) this contribution is now included in the core.

etc. etc..

Dan

22 hours ago, Dan Cole said:

I think that some sort of a comment/review or rating system would be ideal.  That would cover pretty well every thing that might come up including things like...

a) this is an awesome contribution - a must have for any shop owner.

b) this contribution is not longer supported.

c) this is a POS.

d) this contribution is now included in the core.

etc. etc..

Dan

Plus when searching for apps there should be some mechanism for showing the highest rated, combined with some algo that brings up the most recent version of the app. (for example searching for discount brings up this app as one of the top hits even though it was last updated over 10 years ago)

Archived