• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add-Ons Website -> Apps Marketplace Migration

Hi All..

Something (good) is happening to the Add-Ons website today. Updates will be posted here.

19:20 CEST

The Add-Ons website is currently under maintenance. No new uploads can be performed at this time. This should be back in operation in an hour or so.

02:00 CEST

Apps Marketplace went online at https://apps.oscommerce.com

04:00 CEST

So far absolutely no errors have been logged. Yay. Following is some more information.

The Apps Marketplace is replacing the legacy Add-Ons website. All existing Add-Ons are listed in the marketplace. As soon as our next releases are published with the App framework, the listing at the marketplace will allow filtering of Add-Ons for our legacy releases, and Apps for our new releases. Right now only free / open-source uploads are allowed - commercial uploads will be available in the near future.

What's New?

Here is what's new with the Apps Marketplace:

• You can now edit the title and descriptions of your uploads. (applies to main packages, for updates see todo list below)
  • A cover image can be uploaded and is shown in app listings / search results. If no cover image is available, a color block is used.
  • Screenshots can be uploaded.
  • Zip files are now only accepted. (previously .tar.gz and .rar were also accepted; these have been converted to zip packages)
  • Uploads of zip files and / or images will place the submission in a background queue for further processing. (this is currently delayed due to other tasks, ultimately it will take about 5-10 minutes. An e-mail is sent out when the processing has completed)
  • Edits cannot be performed if the App is already in the processing queue until it has been processed.
  • Edits to titles, descriptions, maintainers (granting other members access to upload updates), and sorting of existing screenshots will have the changes applied immediately.
  • Searching can be filtered by relevancy and last update date.
  • New submissions are set as private by default, as opposed to being open where other members can upload updates.
  • Granting access to other users to allow them to upload updates is now performed by selecting the member from a auto-suggestion list instead of having to enter their full name in. Either the App can be set to allow upload updates from anyone or from a maximum of 15 selected members.
  • The download button on the App information page is either a Download button to download the latest update, or a View Files button to view the updates that have been uploaded. The Download button is shown for private Apps, and the View Files button is shown for public Apps (Apps that allow anyone to upload updates to). This behaviour is used in case the last update to a public App is not a full package.

URL Scheme

Apps are now linked to via an App specific code of 5 characters. The following url scheme can be used to link to an App:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/abcde

The App information page links to itself with a canonical url including the title of the App in the following scheme:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/abcde&friendly-url-app-title

Either style can be used to link to Apps directly.

Download links now have the following scheme:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Get&abcde

That will download the latest upload in the App package. Each upload in an App package also has a specific code of 5 characters. Linking to a specific upload version can be done with:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/Get&abcde&vwxyz

Downloading Apps now requires a user account on our website. This is needed for the marketplace integration into OSCOM to allow one click installations and to be able to manage commercial Apps and licenses when this opens in the near future.

Todo

• Member profile pages. Available 11/July
  • Allow titles and descriptions of update uploads to be edited.
  • Allow main packages and updates to be removed.
  • Allow owners to moderate update uploads from other members.
  • User reviews.
  • Show download statistics.
  • Allow forum support topic to be linked to. 22/August
  • Redirect old links from the addons website to the new marketplace links. Redirects are now partly in place. 07/June
  • Bootstrap v4.0alpha6 is currently used - still need to optimize for a responsive layout

The source code is of course up at Github at https://github.com/haraldpdl/website_apps (keeping true to our pledge), it is however not a stand-alone functional installation. I will make sure our complete website is "installable" once all updates to the OSCOM v3 framework have aligned.

:heart:, osCommerce

Update 02:00 CEST

https://apps.oscommerce.com

The new Apps Marketplace website is taking it's first steps online. I'm still working on this in the background. This will replace the legacy add-ons website.

Uploads can be performed but are placed in a background queue for internal background processing. You will receive an email when the processing is complete. The first batch will take a while to process (due to other tasks running) and will eventually catch up with a waiting time of around 5-10 minutes.

Information on what's new will be published soon.

Very nice Harald. I like it a lot. I'm wondering if 2.3.4BS could be added to the version dropdown? Or perhaps a searchable tag added for addons suitable for 2.3.4BS? Most of the older contributions won't work on BS so it might be a good idea to avoid confusion.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

nice work

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

Redirect links are now partly in place. Viewing an addon takes you to its new marketplace url, and submitting a new package redirects to the marketplace submission page.

The first post has been updated with information on the new marketplace url scheme.

A second error has been logged and it's the fault of @kymation :biggrin:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/xy9vz&theme-switcher

Adding a cover or screenshot image should have added the images to the queue, however they were saved immediately. I'm looking into this and will get this fixed.

4 hours ago, Harald Ponce de Leon said:

Adding a cover or screenshot image should have added the images to the queue, however they were saved immediately. I'm looking into this and will get this fixed.

The problem actually occurred when no screenshot image was submitted. A fix has just been pushed out for this.

I added yesterday screenshots to this add-on:

QTpro BS

The images validated and saved, but do not show since then.

I still get the message:

" An update is currently pending to be processed. Please wait a short while for this to process before submitting another update. "

when trying to edit the add-on package.

Thanks

Hi All..

The background processing queue is now finally up to date and has already processed the newer submissions. An App enters the background processing queue when a zip file or image file is uploaded. The first revision of the background processing queue checks the files for checksum errors and viruses. The next revision will go a step further and test each php file for any syntax errors.

E-mails are sent out when the processing has completed. E-mail are not sent out when a problem has been detected - in this case the files will be verified manually and placed back in the queue for further processing.

For Apps that allow others to upload to, the original author (owner of the App) will also get notified by e-mail when someone else has uploaded an update.

The time can take between 5-15 minutes.

Is this cool or what? :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All..

User profiles are now available at the Apps Marketplace! Ambassadors get the bonus of highlighting 3 Apps on their profile page. This is currently their last 3 updated Apps - the next update to the Profiles page will allow the highlighted Apps to be defined.

Caching has also been improved by moving to memcached - there should be a noticeable speed difference browsing through the pages. I'm keeping an eye on this to make sure the correct cache objects are flushed when updates are performed - if you spot something out of sync, please inform me about it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Harold - I'm trying to upload a new version of an addon. Its size is 15 MB but there is an error on the page saying it is too large. Is the size limit smaller than the 30 MB stated on that page?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

14 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Harold - I'm trying to upload a new version of an addon. Its size is 15 MB but there is an error on the page saying it is too large. Is the size limit smaller than the 30 MB stated on that page?

It should be 30MB in total including any screenshots. I'll look into the configuration again to make sure.

It still failed so I tried a different browser - same thing. The file appears to upload but mousing over it shows a message saying it is too large. The attached shows what I see.

app_upload.jpg

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All..

Support topics can now be added to Apps! Support topics must be created by the original uploader of the App and the topic must reside in one of the Add-Ons forum channels. The possibility to link a topic is at the bottom of the Edit -> App page. Start typing the title of your topic and you'll be able to choose from an auto-suggestion list.

@Harald Ponce de Leon

I see error message in the upload section.

An image was uploaded with a width and height that is not allowed. Please try again.

What is it more exactly?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

3 hours ago, Gergely said:

@Harald Ponce de Leon

I see error message in the upload section.

What is it more exactly?

@Gergely I've uploaded screenshots before and they had to be exact sizes. Those sizes used be shown on the app submit page but they don't seem to be there anymore.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Archived