• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing Products and not updating quantity

Luk1

So we have recently migrated a site to a new host with updated versions of PHP and osCommerce using Worldpay.  At one level everything seems to be working fine - it goes off to Worldpay, takes payment and returns you to the website with a "purchase successful" screen but there seems to be two problems (so far!)

1) The email confirmation is missing the product information - so $products_ordered defined around line 469 of includes/modules/payment/rbsworldpay_hosted.php  seems to be returning a blank

2) More worryingly the quantity of items in stock does not seem to be being reduced by the number of items purchased.  Given each "item" is a space to go sailing on a yacht - with a strict limit on spaces that is really problematic.

Anyone have any similar experiences or ideas on how to solve?
Thanks

i suspect you're using the worldpay payment module from 2.3.4BS (the responsive community version).

If so, please try out the version in this pull request:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/534

and let @burt Gary know how you get on

Edited by BrockleyJohn
confused user names!

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

56 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

i suspect you're using the worldpay payment module from 2.3.4BS (the responsive community version).

If so, please try out the version in this pull request:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/534

and let @burt Gary know how you get on

Thanks John, do you know how I tell which version I'm using?  It is the module that comes with a clean install of the current (or at least very nearly current) osCommerce that my hosting provider has available to auto-install.

message me your url and I'll take an educated guess

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

15 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

message me your url and I'll take an educated guess

Having realised it was only two small code tweaks (if I've understood the link you sent me) I checked the file, made the changes and hey presto its working.  Thank you SO much:  My knowledge of PHP is so basic I would never have found/fixed that in a million years.  If I knew how to let @burt Gary know it solved my problem I would do - but I don't even know how to do that!

ok- glad it's sorted. I've pointed it out to Gary myself. Any further issues, just ask

• 11 months later...

Hi, I've been having this same problem, and so followed the instruction here and updated my code.  Is that all I need to do? or do I need to remove and re-install the WorldPay module to make the code changes take effect?  fingers crossed I haven't made an error and that it works!! 

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:26 AM, Luk1 said:

It is the module that comes with a clean install of the current (or at least very nearly current) osCommerce that my hosting provider has available to auto-install.

I'll then give you 1000-to-1 odds that it's either the standard (non-responsive) 2.3.4 (at that time) or 2.3.4.1 (current). No major player has Gary's responsive BS Edge/Frozen/CE/whatever on auto-install, and they never will, because it's not the official release.

Hi MrPhil, I have no idea what all that meant! but hopefully you can help.  I did the fix and its completely broken my site, so I need to unfix and find a better fix!

This is what I did.  I can't remember what order said before 'check' I think?   so I presume I need to change the red bits that say order back again, and delete the two lines that have the plus.  Currently the cart is loading up a blank page, and goodness knows what else is happening but it isn't working - zero sales today!! 

thank you

5b09d84997103_ScreenShot2018-05-26at08_52_42.thumb.png.6bc32656f80a1f24d6163e97739d5dd0.png5b09d84997103_ScreenShot2018-05-26at08_52_42.thumb.png.6bc32656f80a1f24d6163e97739d5dd0.png

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

9 hours ago, zefeena said:

Hi MrPhil, I have no idea what all that meant! but hopefully you can help.  I did the fix and its completely broken my site, so I need to unfix and find a better fix!

This is what I did.  I can't remember what order said before 'check' I think?   so I presume I need to change the red bits that say order back again, and delete the two lines that have the plus.  Currently the cart is loading up a blank page, and goodness knows what else is happening but it isn't working - zero sales today!! 

thank you

@zefeena Kellie, if you are getting a blank page, it means the code you uploaded is not valid php. Did you put in the pluses and minuses in your file? They are not code but indications of which lines have been added and which ones removed!

If you make a change to your site always:

1. keep a copy of the file before you start changing it

2. when you put in your change, test it to see if it works

3. if you can't get it working, put back the copy from step 1

In answer to your original question, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall, just copy in the replacement file.

BUT IF YOUR DOMAIN IS sewingchest dot co dot uk YOU ARE NOT RUNNING BOOTSTRAP OR THE COMMUNITY VERSION

...you are running a responsive 960-grid-based "template" based on

some version of the mainstream oscommerce. If you want to know which version, version checker in admin will tell you.

DO NOT use code from the Community Edition - you'll likely break your site.

18 hours ago, MrPhil said:

I'll then give you 1000-to-1 odds that it's either the standard (non-responsive) 2.3.4 (at that time) or 2.3.4.1 (current). No major player has Gary's responsive BS Edge/Frozen/CE/whatever on auto-install, and they never will, because it's not the official release.

@MrPhil I'll take those odds with £10, please!

Here's where the reported bug was introduced (hpdl's module has $check = tep_db_fetch_array, this version overwrites the order class and breaks subsequent processing)

worldpay_order_overwrite.jpg

@zefeena Kellie, I hold my hand up - you getting this problem is my fault; I introduced the bug from the community edition version into my addon in January.

Fix published here: https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410211-worldpay-hosted-payments-extended/?do=findComment&comment=1770780

but the advice on how to apply changes and not using bootstrap versions still applies.