• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Addressing Tool

Mort-lemur

This new navigation tool seems to be the way to go for finding addresses if it takes off - take a look, navigates to a 3m square area worldwide, maybe worth incorporating a new address field for the 3 words when couriers start using it.

can be seen here: https://map.what3words.com/daring.lion.race

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

....Your calling that round thing a wheel? - it will never catch on......:laugh:

But seriously, how many people know the Lat/Long/ altitude of their front door?

A postcode will only give the general area.

This system is easy to remember and gives the exact location - and most of all it is free to use....

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

3 years ago this was "big" news and was the new sliced bread of postage.  
Since then...it's been disappointment after disappointment.

W3W don't seem to have any relevant ideas of how to get their product known, they don't appear to have hardly any budget for making things easy for potential users (eg making a 1 liner .js call to put on a gmap with their plotter on top), and they don't appear to have any ideas about monetising their plot names (eg, sell audi.car.headquarter to the HQ of Audi).

Anyway..in my opinion, the whole system ain't all that.  
And it ain't needed in most 1st world countries.  Well maybe Ireland who are totally useless at postcodes.

• 3 months later...

Archived