• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpMyAdmin UK country_id problem

Hi all.

Installed BS edge, (testing) : mzmt 2.1a ;  Compatability_2.3.4_edge v1.0 ; UK_Quick_localisation_1.2. 

I have been having issues with the following error message :

"Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase".

This error seems to be quite common, I have read through many answers, but none of them seem to have a country_id problem.

Initially I thought that it was due to an address format problem, however this has now been sorted but I still have the problem.

I have found, under phpMyAdmin/address_book, the entry_country_id for my UK store is 222, but for the newly created test UK account the entry_country_id is 242, despite selecting UK from the drop down menu, (despite the store being setup for the UK only).

Where does the create account find the country_id, is it simply from entering the GB,GBR codes? 

Where has the code 242 come from? 

How can I change these codes? Is it through phpMyAdmin, (version 5.5.54)? Which code is correct? I have seen both in different places.

I think this will be enough questions for starters!!!

Shaun

222 is the correct country code for the United Kingdom. I do not see 242 as a valid country code in my database(s).

It looks like you will have to do a search through the code where you create a customer's account to see where the country code in created and/or defined.

HTH

Malcolm

Thank you Malcolm

I have gone through many files by comparing them with the master copy, with no success.

I have changed the country code for the test customers to 222, but the shipping error is still present.

I will continue comparing files, if I find anything I will post it.

Shaun

Hi, those codes could be found more likely in the DB entries than inside files, another question have you free shipping e.g. for orders over a certain amount inside your mzmt table?

Best regards

Christoph

The number means nothing of importance.  It just so happens that in a standard installation of osc, the UK comes 222nd in an alphabetical list of countries... that is a red herring that you should stop thinking about.

Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones <-- in admin, set this to "true" to help diagnose the "currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase" problem.

18 hours ago, beerbee said:

Hi, those codes could be found more likely in the DB entries than inside files, another question have you free shipping e.g. for orders over a certain amount inside your mzmt table?

Best regards

Christoph

I have free shipping for all orders, 30:0.00

18 hours ago, burt said:

The number means nothing of importance.  It just so happens that in a standard installation of osc, the UK comes 222nd in an alphabetical list of countries... that is a red herring that you should stop thinking about.

Allow Orders Not Matching Defined Shipping Zones <-- in admin, set this to "true" to help diagnose the "currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase" problem.

OK thank you, I will set this tomorrow and get back to you.

Hi RAC,

we have free shipping for 40 and more and this is the way it looks to get it working (not kidding) 39.99:5.4622,1000000:0.001

Best regards

Christoph

Archived