• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP: How to display category in the product info?

t000

Hi every one, at the topic states i need help to add the current category group to the selected product info page. 

I want the category to be displayed under the product name. Im talking about the ´last´ product info page (../product_info.php?products_id=594).

Ive been playing around in product_info.php. But I can only the . $product_info['products_image'] to display, manufacture_id also work. 

<?php
  } else {
    $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    $product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
      $products_price = '<del>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</del> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
    } else {
      $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
    }

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_model'])) {
      $products_name = $product_info['products_name'] . '<br /><span class="smallText">  [' . $product_info['products_model'] . '] <br>  ' . $product_info['products_image'] . '  </span>';  

} else {
      $products_name = $product_info['products_name'] ; 
    }
?>

I'm using this database configuration:

Table: products 
Edit product -> ibm1961
products_image | varchar(64) | Value: images/computers/ibm1961.jpg 
- MySQL Client API version 5.5.55 / Client API header version 5.5.46

When requesting data with $product_info['products_image'], I get this value images/computers/ibm1961.jpg.

How can I only grab the middle part of the value, so that I get computers?

@wHiTeHaT

Maby you can answer this also?

Im trying in the same place to display the manufacture name. What am I doing wrong?

<?php 
$manufacturers_01 = $manufacturers['manufacturers_name'];
echo $manufacturers_01; 
?>

The database is called, as you probably know: manufacturers -> manufacturers_name | varchar(32) | Value: XXX

Yes im a novice, but im trying my best to learn ;) 

That part is/should already be covered in the product_info.php file if use the osCommerce bs community version.

if ($product_info['manufacturers_id'] > 0) {
      $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
      if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
        $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);
        echo '<span itemprop="manufacturer" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Organization"><meta itemprop="name" content="' . tep_output_string($manufacturer['manufacturers_name']) . '" /></span>';
      }
    }

7 minutes ago, wHiTeHaT said:

That part is/should already be covered in the product_info.php file if use the osCommerce bs community version.

$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
        echo '<span itemprop="manufacturer" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Organization"><meta itemprop="name" content="' . tep_output_string($manufacturer['manufacturers_name']) . '" /></span>';
      }
    }

Hmm.. strange. Ive been serching the product_info.php for days, havent found any callouts for the manufacturers_id. Im using the standard osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 with no themes.

Anyway, I tried your script @wHiTeHaT, but i couldnt get it to work :( Nothing is showing up.

Correction, here is the code that worked for me! Thanks again @wHiTeHaT! All creds to you pal!

<?
echo '' . tep_output_string($manufacturer['manufacturers_name']) . '';
      }
    }
?>

Hi Tom, You are very diligent in try understanding coding.

But i must say also that your question is related to the basics of programming, giving you the answer will not help you in future questions or learning.

I would like to encourage you to learn a little more so you understand the global principe of that.

the code above works perfectly as you found already out via the pagesource.

Now be a little more clever, you already know how to directly show something on your screen, use the same principle for the code i provided to get something to show up.

I am 100% when you figure that out, more things will getting clear for you.

product_info.php, look into these two variables;

For category:  $current_category_id

For manufacturer:  $product_info['manufacturers_id']

With these two variables you can easily get info from the DB as needed.

Archived