• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unauthenticated messages

drofe

I have been having trouble in my store with order process messages being unauthenticated and going to spam. The problem turns out to be that messages are being sent from a host email address ( [email protected]) rather than from my store's official email address ([email protected]). I am not sure which file(s) I need to change to make sure messages are sent from the official email address rather than the host one.

7 hours ago, drofe said:

I have been having trouble in my store with order process messages being unauthenticated and going to spam. The problem turns out to be that messages are being sent from a host email address ( [email protected]) rather than from my store's official email address ([email protected]). I am not sure which file(s) I need to change to make sure messages are sent from the official email address rather than the host one.

I assume the email address that is set in admin is used....try.....Admin -> Configuration -> My Store - > E-Mail From

Dan

Are you generating the emails when you are updating the order?  If so, have a look at the URL that is displayed by your browser.  That should tell you the file that is being used to generate the email and you can look through that file to see if you hard coded the email address. Normally it would use the store email address.

Dan

The file is orders.php and nothing seems to be hard-coded:

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
 tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS.

Is that the way your code ends or did you drop the ); from the end when you pasted it in.  It should end like this...

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I did drop the ); from the end, it does say

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

To trouble shoot it try to echo out the STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS...after this block of code...

} else {            
                $email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER .'/'. FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO.'?order_id=' . $oID. "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);
}

add...

echo "STORE EMAIL ADDRESS: " . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS;
 die();

It should echo the email address to the screen for you.  Tell us what you get.

Dan

Archived