• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My DNS server seems to be unavailable? How can this be resolved?

Sofia.E

My computer gets connected to the internet via WiFi (modem connected to the home broadband connection) however, after every 5 minutes it gets disconnected.I can't seem to figure out what the problem is and i have absolutely no clue on how to resolve this error. I have tried troubleshooting using the troubleshoot-option in Windows, I have done this 10 times over a span of 15 minutes but it still it gives me the same error? Oh, and one more problem is that when someone calls to my landline or if we make a call to someone using the landline, the internet connection and the same problem of DNS occurs again.

• 2 weeks later...

I will ask again because i did eventually find someone to fix it but i was more interested in finding out what the problem was in the first place. The guy who fixed it wasn´t so good with technical terms and i thought i would ask again. I would really appreciate it if someone could at least try :-)

Did you check with your ISP to make sure the DNS servers you are using are correct?  That is set up in your router/modem.  

I'm not really a dog.

Archived