• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forum Software Update

Hi All..

The forum software has just been updated to its newest release series and brings along new features (Activity Streams, Leaderboards, ..), in addition to new settings allowing users to hide the content they have posted by themselves (in the event of a mistake being posted).

Here is a list of known issues:

• Logins from the main website do not work. Logins work, still working on auto-login and allowing accounts to be created.
  • Logins from the add-ons site do not work. Something is brewing over here though.
  • Emoticons are missing. Rebuilding older posts with missing emoticons is not possible in the new forum software release series.
  • Menu links to our websites are missing.
  • Community Sponsorships - this is going to be replaced with a new program. Current Sponsors will remain as Sponsors if their sponsorship duration ends until the new program starts.
  • Commercial Support Enquiries - this is going to be replaced with a new system.
  • Member of the Month - this is replaced with the new core Leaderboard feature of the forum software.
  • HTTPS to be added.
  • Some background tasks are still running as part of the forum software update and should complete during the night time.

Please post any issues you encounter here.

Thanks!

:heart:, osCommerce

nice, now same like the German forum

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

5 hours ago, frankl said:

I miss the "go to last unread post" in each topic though :)

That's still possible under Activity -> Unread Content. These "streams" can be filtered and I believe the filter can also be saved in your profile for easier access.

5 hours ago, frankl said:

I miss the "go to last unread post" in each topic though :)

Actually, when viewing the topic list in a forum channel, there's a blue circle icon to the left of the topic that takes you to the first unread post in that topic. If there is a blue star, it means you have posted in that topic and there are unread posts to read.

1. I'm not receiving any email notices for updates in posts that I follow or have commented in.
  2. This comment box doesn't work at all in Firefox. I just get a paperclip icon and the greyed-out word "Loading...".

That last one is really bad. I'm less likely to comment if I have to go open another browser and copy the URL over.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

3 minutes ago, kymation said:

I'm not receiving any email notices for updates in posts that I follow or have commented in.

I haven't been receiving emails either. I have not reviewed my notification settings yet though (I'm still working on the user login integration with the main website) - I'd suggest doing this in your own profile to make sure everything is set up correctly.

I did enable browser notifications when the forum prompted me for it - I haven't received a notification yet this way either.

5 minutes ago, kymation said:

This comment box doesn't work at all in Firefox. I just get a paperclip icon and the greyed-out word "Loading...".

Can you post a screenshot of how it looks for you?

Email notification is now working, so whatever you did worked. I'll try adding an image of the reply box here.

Also, I thought that we lost the @Harald Ponce de Leon mention thing, but it's still there, just different.

Regards

Jim

reply_box.png

I'm seeing the comment box and I'm using Firefox.  What you're seeing Jim is a lot different then what I see though. Let me see if I can add a screen shot.  That seems to have worked....love the drag and drop feature for adding images.

Dan

Comment box.JPG

Hi Dan

I should have mentioned that I'm running the Linux version. That often makes a difference.

I can get it to work in Incognito mode, so I may just have an old cookie that's causing problems. I'll try to do more debugging later -- I need to do some work now.

Regards

Jim

I checked in the developers console, and I get "TypeError: instance is null" every time I try to start the editor.  I suspect there's some broken Javascript in this editor. Now I really do need to get back to work....

Regards

Jim

The bug seems to always appear when using the Pale Moon browser [Version: 27.1.0 (64-bit)]

.It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't in Firefox [53.0.2 (64-bit)].

It always works in Chromium [Version 58.0.3029.110].

All tests done on Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit fully patched.

The developer's console shows the following error whenever I try to use the Reply editor:

TypeError: instance is null
https://www.oscommerce.com/forums/uploads/javascript_global/root_framework.js.d5a7afeef43d3baa452cb65e94f50556.js?v=4b4a088aba
Line 314

Line 314 of the referenced file is:

if(minimized){var _unminimize=function(){$(elem).find('.ipsComposeArea_dummy').hide().end().find('[data-role="mainEditorArea"]').show().end().closest('.ipsComposeArea').removeClass('ipsComposeArea_minimized').find('[data-ipsEditor-toolList]').show();if(instance.status=='ready'){minimized=false;callback();if(hiddenAtStart){resize(true);hiddenAtStart=false;}}else{instance.once('instanceReady',function(){minimized=false;callback();if(hiddenAtStart){resize(true);hiddenAtStart=false;}});}

If you need more info for a bug report just ask.

Regards

Jim

@kymation I installed Mint 18.1 and applied the latest updates to get Firefox 53.0.2 - I could not detect any javascript errors.

I also manually installed Pale Moon Browser 27.3.0 and could also not reproduce any javascript errors.

I haven't made any server side configuration changes - perhaps there could have been some caching issues though with yesterdays update to full https. Are you still experiencing the same issues?

@Harald Ponce de Leon  I can't get it to fail in Firefox anymore, but Pale Moon still consistently fails. I tried removing all Addons and deleted cookies, but there is no change.

I see that you installed Pale Moon manually, so you have a different version than I do. You might try deleting your install and installing from the repository. That should give you the same version (27.1.0) which may make a difference.

I'm accessing the site with HTTPS, and I've tried forcing a refresh and closing the browser and restarting. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions ware welcome.

Regards

Jim

1 minute ago, kymation said:

I see that you installed Pale Moon manually, so you have a different version than I do. You might try deleting your install and installing from the repository. That should give you the same version (27.1.0) which may make a difference.

I didn't find it listed in the Package Manager so I installed it manually. I uninstalled that version and as Pale Moon is not in the apt-get repository, added OBS as a source repository and installed it that way. It also installed 27.3.0 :mellow:

I forced a package update and install of Pale Moon, which updated me to Version 27.3.0. The bug is still present. The console is still showing the same bug on the same line, but now it points to Column 66 of the above line of JavaScript.

I'm out of ideas.

Regards

Jim

I'm trying to post an update to an add-on I created and can't log in to the add-ons site. Is there some way you can notify me when that issue gets fixed?

1 hour ago, wdepot said:

I'm trying to post an update to an add-on I created and can't log in to the add-ons site. Is there some way you can notify me when that issue gets fixed?

Logins at the Add-Ons site should now work again.

Archived