• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

products_attributes_id - can this me manually set?

nitrile2000

I have an old, very modified version of oscommerce.  It's served me well.  I am having some issues using the web interface to add new products and options but have gone into the SQL and looked at the tables and fields to try and figure out how to modify them to add/edit products.  I get everything *except* products_attributes_id.  It looks like this field is auto-populated maybe when a new product is made?  I can't say.  Anyway, I've filled it in manually in the products_attributes table with a unique number for each row I added and everything *seems* to be working well....buttttt.....I have no idea how or where else that number is used so I might only THINK it's working when really I've created a huge mess.    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  Thanks!!!

It's impossible to say for certain without knowing which version of osCommerce you are using. Log into your Admin and navigate to Tools -> Version Checker. If that doesn't exist, navigate to Tools -> Server Info and look near the top for the osCommerce version.

There's a database schema included with every version of osCommerce. Once you know your version, download the package and look in the Docs folder (for v2.3x) or the Extras folder (for 2.2x). That will give you all of the relations between tables. If you're having trouble reading it, post your version here and we'll help.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Archived