• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Google Customer Reviews GCR & Seller Ratings

Google customer reviews and seller ratings used to be just for Certified Stores. Now they are being rolled out to all Google merchants.

This addon presents customers with an opt-in form on checkout_success. Google follows up after delivery to ask for a review of the transaction.

Once you have collected enough reviews, you can show a badge with your seller rating.

Most of the addon is in a header_tags module suitable for use in several osCommerce versions. This supports the opt-in and showing the seller rating badge as an overlay.

You can choose on which pages the badge is displayed.

A content module for osc 2.3.4BS in other positions on the page is also provided.

The addon is also provided in a branch of Edge on github:
https://github.com/BrockleyJohn/Responsive-osCommerce/tree/google_customer_reviews

Download link to follow

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hello

I have installed this plug in on a 2.3.4BS installation as instructed

Upon checkout success i was expecting to see a overlay from google asking if its ok for them to contact the buyer, or is that not the case and it just tells google there have been a sale in the background, on the checkout success page if i view the source it seems to be there

</script><!-- BEGIN GCR Opt-in Module Code -->

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderOptIn"

async defer>

</script>

<script>

window.renderOptIn = function() {

window.gapi.load('surveyoptin', function() {

window.gapi.surveyoptin.render(

{

// REQUIRED

"merchant_id": *****changed but my merchant code is correct*****,

"order_id": "78551",

"email": "****changed but email adress is correct*******t",

"delivery_country": "GB",

"estimated_delivery_date": "2017-05-26",

// OPTIONAL

"opt_in_style": "TOP_LEFT_DIALOG"

});

});

}

</script>

<!-- END GCR Opt-in Module Code -->

Is there anything i have to set up with google, I have a google merchant center account, which used to be froogle and that is the number i have used

Thank you for you time

David

David

@@DAVID3733 yep, sorry I missed that bit out.

You need to opt in to Google Customer Reviews, as follows:

- in Google Merchant Center [sic], top bar near the right hand side: three vertical blobs give you an account settings menu

- choose Merchant Center programmes

- click Enable on Customer Reviews

• 2 months later...
On 05/08/2017 at 8:10 PM, imusorka said:

@BrockleyJohn Installation is very straightforward but for some reason the code is not being inserted either in checkout_success.php or any of the pages activated to have the badge on. No errors are being generated either. What could be the cause?

The code should be inserted even if you have not opted in to Reviews in your merchant account (it just won't show anything). If you aren't seeing the code when you view the source of the page (a 'find' on GCR will go to it), then check:

• that the header tags module is enabled (the first setting of the module in admin)
  • that you have filled in the merchant id
  • that the page you are checking is in the list (the shop root eg. catalog/ will be checked as index.php)

As far as I recall, header tags modules should be processed even if the sort number is not unique, but if you have already checked the above, also make sure that the sort number is different from the other header tags modules.

Please let me know how you get on.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Boogie said:

this contribution will be able for 2.2?

I'm afraid not. Time to be planning to upgrade!

• 4 months later...

Google updated the code to include Products as an optional field which I believe will extend to product reviews, not just site reviews.  What is needed to get those GTIN submitted?

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderOptIn" async defer></script>

<script>
  window.renderOptIn = function() {
    window.gapi.load('surveyoptin', function() {
      window.gapi.surveyoptin.render(
        {
          // REQUIRED FIELDS
          "merchant_id": xxxxxxx,
          "order_id": "ORDER_ID",
          "email": "CUSTOMER_EMAIL",
          "delivery_country": "COUNTRY_CODE",
          "estimated_delivery_date": "YYYY-MM-DD",

// OPTIONAL FIELDS
          "products": [{"gtin":"GTIN1"}, {"gtin":"GTIN2"}]
        });
    });
  }
</script>

-Dave

@Roaddoctor I'll put in an option to add the products for review. I'm not sure it's such a great idea using them, though. It might distract people from writing the merchant review which is what you really want.

so many addons, so little time... :smile:

OK folks - version 1.1 is now in the apps area.

I've added an option to send products for review and a check on whether your database has the products_gtin field in it. One changed file, which is now self-updating once you've copied it in so no messing about un/re-installing.

v1.1-new-fields.jpg

With Google merchant feeds and reviews..., Gtin is whatever your official "Item id" is with google merchant feeds.... in my case I use the "Products Model" field from within osc.... others may have a different or custom field

-Dave

18 minutes ago, Roaddoctor said:

With Google merchant feeds and reviews..., Gtin is whatever your official "Item id" is with google merchant feeds.... in my case I use the "Products Model" field from within osc.... others may have a different or custom field

That used to work. Enforcement may differ depending on your country but in in several countries google will reject products that don't have a valid GTIN and not show shopping ads for them. This is being rolled out worldwide. The only exceptions I'm aware of are things you make yourself, where you can get a global exemption. Spare parts are quoted as an example in adwords help of products where a valid gtin may not exist but in practice they get disapproved despite this.

Anyway, you can change the new code in the execute function of the header_tags module to pull different data and put it into the gtin array and see if it goes.

I doubt very much if product reviews will work on anything other than a real GTIN - think about it - how could they? These are global reviews on Google shopping not reviews on your site.

Screenshot-2018-03-12-15.03.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi There

Have this working on desktop, should it also show in mobile view, installed it sometime ago so maybe I am running an old version, or maybe it is not suitable for mobile view, running 2.3.4bs

Regards

David

David

Hi David,

What's not working on mobile view? PM me your url

From experimentation, the reviews badge appears on a desktop browser (firefox, chrome) at any size and in phone emulations in developer tools, but does not appear on an actual android device with chrome.

Google support have told David that their badge code does not support mobile.