• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

500 Internal Server Error

Medieval2Knight

I have had my website up and running for the past 2 years, with very little trouble. I have not done anything special to it or different within the last several months. But, I went to log into the admin side of oscommerce, and experienced this issue, 

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

What would cause this sudden issue, and how do I go about fixing it? The customer side has no issues, just the admin log-in does. I appreciate it very much.

Chris

There could be few things that you need to check when 500 Internal Server Error occurs i.e *Incorrectly configured rewrite rules contained in your ".htaccess" files, *PHP Memory Limit,  *Issue caused by one or more of the plugins installed that a previously installed plugin will not be compatible.You can enable a debug log from within WordPress config, which might give a clue as to the exact problem. I would suggest;

open up wp-config.php in the root of your WordPress install. Find the line that says:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Comment it out using // at the start, then paste in the following:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Archived