• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need advice on shipping calculation

Psytanium

Recently our store started selling online fireplaces and its accessories, products are really heavy, starting from 50Kg to 500kg and maybe more.

The shipping company DHL charges us 5$ for each 0.5Kg

Using the zone rates, i have to write a string of incremental weight and price, starting from 0 to reach 500kg+, I have to write 1000 piece of mordor code for every geozone, e.g. 3:8.50,7:10.50,99:20.00 ...............................

is there a way to write only something like : 5$ per 0.5Kg ?

should not be too difficult to change it do that you apply the rate (per kg) to the actual shopping cart weight upto a certain limit

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

if you post the code, we ll indicate what to change ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Here is the conceptual code:

$rate_table = preg_split("/[:,]/" , constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONE_COST_' . $dest_zone));
$table_size = sizeof($rate_table);
$tmp_weight = ceil($shipping_weight);

for ($i=0; $i<$table_size-2 && $tmp_weight>0; $i+=2) {                 #####################################################
  $shipping += min($tmp_weight, $rate_table[$i]) * $rate_table[$i+1];  #  If zone shipping is 2:5.3,4:4.2,1:3.1            #
  $tmp_weight -= floatval($rate_table[$i]);                            #  it means the first 2KG costs $5.3 per kilo       #
}                                                                      #           the next 4KG costs $4.2 per kilo        #
                                                                       #           the rest of weight costs $3.1 per kilo  #
if ($tmp_weight > 0) $shipping += $tmp_weight * $rate_table[$i+1];     #####################################################

So you simply double the total weight and the rate table would be as simple as 1:5 if you charge $5 for every 0.5 kilo.

@@Moxamint

conceptually looking good to me , the proof is in the pudding or not ? @@Psytanium

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Archived