• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Products Box -- No border and can not change header color

matt.penland

Everything on my page looks good, except New Product. It has no border and its the color of the background. Not sure what I did. You can view it at www.etctelephone.com/catalog. I beleive I am running version 2.3.4.

That site doesn't look like osCommerce 2.3.x. It looks a lot like an old 2.2 version, with lots of tables for formatting. You can change the formatting of the New Products box, but you'll have to do some hacking on the core code. I think there is an Addon to change that format.

Is this a new installation? If it is, I would advise you to dump it and replace it with the 2.3.4 Responsive version. If it is an old store, consider upgrading. That old 2.2 code will probably stop working soon, when your host upgrades to a modern version of PHP/MySQL.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

It was a 2.2 system. I followed instructions on converting the database to work on a 2.3.4 system. I loaded oscommerce 2.3.4 and imported the database. I copied over the includes/boxes directory from 2.2 to get the page the way I want it. Is this the wrong approach. Should I uninstall 2.3.4 and re-install it. Then import the database and start from scratch rebuilding the boxes?

Archived