• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin/tools/send email - No customer has been selected

Steve80

For some reason, I cannot send email to customers from admin.  I select the desired customer (me), add a subject and some text in the message box.  When I click 'Send Mail', everything on the page clears itself and I get a warning message at the top of the screen - No customer has been selected

Have tried this many times and always the same.  Have searched the code trying to figure out what is supposed to happen when I click 'Send Mail', with no luck.  Order confirmation emails from the store DO go out as expected, so that should mean that the email setups are all correct, no?  What else/where else can I look?  The store owner wants to send out an email BLAST, but we can't do that until I can get this fixed.

OSC V2.2-ms2

TIA for any help,

Steve

@@Steve80

There are lots of problems with oSC 2.2 because it is so ancient (8 years old now?) and isn't compatible with modern versions of server software. You will continue to have problems like this, when you patch one another will pop up.

The store owner should upgrade to the a version which is supported through these forums, oSC 2.3.4BS. It is modern, responsive, and reliable. I know it's a pain to upgrade, but far easier than trying to crisis manage the old version.

You can download the new version from here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-234-responsive-from-the-get-go/?p=1692204

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Archived