• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Advice? Regarding Custom Product Form

mariyafox

Can i create custom product detail form in oscommerce? i have an website which is developed in word press & i'm facing shopping cart issue. i want to create custom php form in my product detail page but due to woocommerce cart issues, its not created. please guide me. is it right thing that i shifted my website at oscommerce so then my problem will be solved.

no commercial links please

In osCommerce (osC), each product has detail information stored in the database. This is the text explaining all the cool features of the product and how you'll be happy forever after if you buy it. The limitation is that it is HTML-only code -- no PHP code permitted. With some code changes to the osC product, it could be made to run PHP code in your product detail information, but not out of the box. There are add-ons to drop in WYSIWYG editors (e.g., CKeditor) to make editing the HTML markup easier.

Perhaps you could tell us what kind of "custom product detail form" you're thinking of? If it's for things like color and size, there are already several "attribute" add-ons available to drop into osC. What kind of information are you looking to get from the customer? -- perhaps it already exists.

By the way, if you're just starting with osC, don't use the official 2.3.4 product offered for download. It is obsolete and won't even run on modern servers. Use the 2.3.4BS Edge version (it's downloaded from GitHub). It's up to date, has more features, is responsive (BS = BootStrap), supports PHP 5.6 (and soon, 7.0), and is supported here.

Archived