• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net Advanced Integration Method (AIM) TLS 1.2 ?

phi148

On 2/1/2018 at 6:50 AM, John W said:

@Dan Cole The customer sees the same output for the error line you get in the "Authorize.net AIM Debug E-Mail".  So, the third line is " [x_response_reason_text] => The credit card number is invalid.", and I'm just pulling the text.  It's handy sometimes because it gives a better error IMHO.

You're most welcome about the recharge tip, and it is a great feature.   

John,

Would you mind sharing that code?  I'd like to do that as well... I think it is a good idea and a better error as well!

Hi Bill,

Here's the file I'm using and I think it should just slot in place of your's as long as you're using the Aim module that Harald uploaded.  I also have this switched to use the Akamai urls for A.net.  Actually,  you definitely should test this first and if you look at it in a file comparator you'll see what I changed.  I've been using this file as it on my live site for a few years in it's present state.  So, it works.

authorizenet_cc_aim.php

Edited by John W

I'm not really a dog.

1 hour ago, John W said:

Hi Bill,

Here's the file I'm using and I think it should just slot in place of your's as long as you're using the Aim module that Harald uploaded.  I also have this switched to use the Akamai urls for A.net.  Actually,  you definitely should test this first and if you look at it in a file comparator you'll see what I changed.  I've been using this file as it on my live site for a few years in it's present state.  So, it works.

authorizenet_cc_aim.php

Thanks John, I was able to massage that code a bit and get the error warnings to display correctly with 2.3.4 Bootstrap...  I like these error messages much better :)

54 minutes ago, Dan Cole said:

@phi148 Bill how about posting a screen shot so we can see what one of those error messages look like?

Dan

The red box appears at that top of the page when there is an error, and the contents of the red box are directly populated from the error received from Authorize.net

image.thumb.png.5369a7dec8156f2340e92afcd4c90cc6.png

I made that change a long time ago on another old A.net module I used and then moved it over when I started using this one.  I also set it to come back to the confirmation page since that is where the CC data is entered.  Seemed to make more sense to me.  I mentioned it before in some other threads, but no one responded.  There are a bunch of different errors that can be sent back and these are more exact. 

I'm not really a dog.

5 minutes ago, John W said:

I made that change a long time ago on another old A.net module I used and then moved it over when I started using this one.  I also set it to come back to the confirmation page since that is where the CC data is entered.  Seemed to make more sense to me.  I mentioned it before in some other threads, but no one responded.  There are a bunch of different errors that can be sent back and these are more exact. 

Yep, I noticed that redirect went to checkout_confirmation and not checkout_payment as well.  I liked that better too !  Thanks for sharing with the community