• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a sort order to a shipping module that doesn't have one

cinolas

Hi,

I'm on 2.34 Bootstrap Gold and I'm using an old Canada Post XML shipping module that doesn't have a sort order field (or configuration entry).

Right now the module gets sorted on top and I'd like to change that, but I don't fully understand how the sorting of shipping modules works. The module doesn't create a SORT_ORDER entry on the configuration table during install, so I tried creating one manually but I don't know how to connect that row to the actual module so that the sort order value is summoned with the module.

I've looked at the chekckout_shipping page but saw nothing about sorting, so I thought maybe it was being done in the class but I don't see anything about sorting the modules there either.

I'm pretty sure this is easy if you know what you're doing, but I do not. I don't need a field on the admin interface, just some way of giving it a sort order.

Also, the shipping options show up from most expensive to least expensive on my checkout_shipping page, it selects the right one automatically, but I'd like to show the cheapest on top. How do I do that?

(if I could only find where these things are being sorted...)

Thanks!

Hi Nicolas,

if you open catalog/includes/modules/shipping/flat.php

and look for MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER this might give you a hint how it works.

Best regards

Christoph

I did. My apologies for being dense here. I can see the configuration entries being created in the install function of shipping modules, and I can see that the CanadaPost shipping module doesn't create a row for the SORT_ORDER. So I went and created an entry in the Configuration table manually, but that doesn't change anything. How, or where, does that value get pulled to sort the modules on the checkout_shipping page?

And did you change the module accordingly? There are three instances in example flat.php.

on line 23

$this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER;

on 79 (this is for installing to db with sort order)

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");

and 87

return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_SORT_ORDER');

You could try to add an adaption of the first and last instance to your shipping module (as you entered a sort order already manually) and see what happens.

Best regards

Christoph

Archived