• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Converting Points and Rewards system for osC BS

Tsimi

4 hours ago, Tsimi said:

Please double check the German and Spanish language files and also check the module code. Thx.

@Tsimi,

Language files checked and found ok.

- updated the install manual with some minor fixes.

- added missing language files and header comments to modular product page by kymation

- german language files are missing for modified core modules, can you :smile::thumbsup:

- please double check also the installation manual

I believe we can upload then, what do you think.

@raiwa

I send you a pull request for the missing German core files translation.

I also had a quick look at the package to make sure there is nothing missing before we officially upload it.

This is what I found;

The modified core files Spanish language file is in English and it is missing the modules/boxes/ language file

Did you remove the Auto Expire and Auto Credit links in the admin area?
If yes, then we could remove the two cron script files right? (customers_points_credit.php and customers_points_expire.php)

Other then that all looks good on my end and I think we can release it to the world officially.
Anything arise we can update it and upload a new version again. Just for safety we should maybe keep the github alive for now till we can say that it is 100% bug free.

14 minutes ago, Tsimi said:

@raiwa

I send you a pull request for the missing German core files translation.

I also had a quick look at the package to make sure there is nothing missing before we officially upload it.

This is what I found;

The modified core files Spanish language file is in English and it is missing the modules/boxes/ language file

Did you remove the Auto Expire and Auto Credit links in the admin area?
If yes, then we could remove the two cron script files right? (customers_points_credit.php and customers_points_expire.php)

Other then that all looks good on my end and I think we can release it to the world officially.
Anything arise we can update it and upload a new version again. Just for safety we should maybe keep the github alive for now till we can say that it is 100% bug free.

@Tsimi,

all done.

I removed the auto expire and auto credit links by accident when I removed the old credits.

But, I believe you are right. If even we do not know for sure how they work and can be used, there is no exact instructions in the manuals. So I removed the files now.

OK for all other points.

I added the old read me file with some resume and instructions. Maybe you could have a look and copy the relevant parts to the actual instalation file.

DO not forget to remove the bug reports and my notes.:wink:

Go on to upload then :thumbsup:

@raiwa

Just send the last pull request before uploading the package.
Check the manual please and confirm if this is good for you then I'll start to zip it up and upload it and take some screenshots for the addons page.

UPDATE!

Just found a bug. Nothing big but still disturbing. On the customers_points_pending.php page in the admin are if you have multiple pending entries listed the mouse over effect doesn't work and also all rows are selected/highlighted.

Edited by Tsimi

@Tsimi, just pushed (hopefully) the last update.Hope I am on time.

Added a note for the backup of original files:

B. 1. :

A backup of your original, unmodified files is stored in: admin/backups/points_backups/

@raiwa

You made it in time. I was working on the screenshots and title image for the addon.

Just finished the images now I will prep the package and upload it.

UPDATE:

Package has been uploaded with 7 screenshots and one header image. Hope the header image is OK. I am not so good with graphics stuff.
Now we need to wait until it is approved.

Edited by Tsimi

Adding a bulk feature would sure help if you have a lot orders daily to check through. But the down side will be the e-mails. I am not sure how osC handles e-mail sending to multiple customers at once.
The older version of this Points and Rewards addon had this following text inside the manual.

1.The system is designed for a small to medium shops.
Since shopping points consider as money when redeemed. awarded points default status is pending.
Customers shopping points account will never be auto-credited(except points for new signup if enabled).
if you own a large shop with lots of orders daily, it could be hard to keep track of points

then this system is NOT for you.

I have the check boxes in place and also the select all function works but I have a hard time to make the system confirm all the selected points at once and evtl send or not send notifications and queue or don't queue the table at once.
Adding check boxes also interferes with the stock osC table row select function. But not sure that is needed once the check boxes are in place.

@discxpress

If you are 100% sure that the orders you get are final and won't be cancelled or if you find it easier to remove points for orders that are not completed then you could try to use the

Auto Credit Pending Points function in the HT module. Set it to 0 for same day confirmation. Then you won't have to do it manually anymore.

Edited by Tsimi

5 hours ago, Tsimi said:

@discxpress

If you are 100% sure that the orders you get are final and won't be cancelled or if you find it easier to remove points for orders that are not completed then you could try to use the

Auto Credit Pending Points function in the HT module. Set it to 0 for same day confirmation. Then you won't have to do it manually anymore.

@Tsimi

Maybe build it in to the final order status setting....ie Order Finalized or Order has Shipped or whatever order status you use to indicate that the order is complete.

Dan

Hi Guys

Great addon. Well done!!

At the moment I have burts "key reviews" module installed, and am wondering how to disable the "Write Review" in the

Converting Points and Rewards system for osC BS module, or is it possible to use burts "Write Review" page.

Many thanks

Grandpa

16 minutes ago, grandpaj said:

Hi Guys

Great addon. Well done!!

At the moment I have burts "key reviews" module installed, and am wondering how to disable the "Write Review" in the

Converting Points and Rewards system for osC BS module, or is it possible to use burts "Write Review" page.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Just uninstall the reviews_points module if you installed it.
To tell more we would need to have a look at burt's "Write Review" files.

Be aware if it is a commercial addon don't post any code of it here in the forum. You'll have to contact burt to get more help in this case.
If it is a free addon then go ahead and share some information please.

Edited by Tsimi

@grandpaj, @Tsimi,

Header Tags Points and Rewards Module:

Award points for Products Reviews
If you want to award points when customers add Product Review, set the points amount to be given or leave empty to disable this option

I was just testing out this marvelous contribution and came up with an error. I have Order Editor installed and when i click "Edit Order" in admin I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function check_points_redemtion() in /includes/modules/payment/points.php on line 76

Edit: If everything is green when installed in Header Tags does that mean i don't have to do manual edits?

Edit: I am getting in product info the point info line listed 3 times underneath each other.

Edited by CGhoST

@CGhoST

Regarding that error message in the order editor I'll look into it. I have no test shop with Order Editor at the moment so I'll have to install it first.

If you get all green messages when installing the HT module then no you won't need to do manual changes to files.

Getting that message 3 times in the product info page means something went wrong and you might have 3 times the call for the product_points module.

Open your product_info.php file and look for this code

<!-- BOF POINTS REWARDS BS //-->
<div class="row">
  <?php echo $oscTemplate->getContent('product_info_points'); ?>
</div>
<!-- EOF POINTS REWARDS BS //-->

I think you have it 3 times in there. Did you install and uninstall the HT module a couple times?
At this point you should double check all affected files.

7 hours ago, discxpress said:

@raiwa @tsimi Will this work with Purchase without Account? Thank you

Never tested with the PWA addon. Will install it once and see how it goes.
How do you expect it to work with the PWA addon? Give points to guests?