• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

VAT and Price calculator

albacoras

Request regards to VAT and price calculation OSC v2.3.4.

1. Scenario

As per today, and as far as I have accurate info (pending validation from my accounting and legal advisor) Spanish VAT regulation seems to be, simplifying and applying to Albacoras albacoras-security.com case:

VAT on “Servicios Electronicos”, SW and services sold online:

VAT applies to destination country.

Destination country is the one where the customer declares he is located, ie MyAccount data for OSC, ie Billing adress Data.

Basically the issue being that billing and invoice information may vary, for the same product, according to :

- Customer category

- Billing adress

- If relevant (HW) shipping cost to destination.

Summarising :

See attached table-VAT.jpg pic.

* Below tresholds Year 1 ES VAT applies

** Only if company provides a valid VAT Number

VAT Spain: different rates.

Different VAT rates in EU.

EU VAT rates vary: starting from 15 to 27.

No VAT to billings outside EU.

No VAT to B2B Billings.

2. QUESTIONS TO SUPPORT:

I have installed osc v2.3.4 and I am facing the following situation:

- Price and VAT calculator is not working.

- How to configure price calculator as per the table above, defining then VAT, eventual shipping cost, and showing all this in the pages during order process and in mails sent to the customer.

2.1 Is it that I need to install additionnal addons or is it due to existing code errors in this osc variant, or to a wrong installation.

Installed V2.2 in the past no issue at all regarding this, worked OK from the minute it was installed, however for more simple VAT scenario.

How to correct.

2.1b

What is this http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9056 ?

2.2 Still with the existing systems in isc v2.3.4, assuming that I can fix the current issues, I do not see how do I configure osc, let us say the osc billing system, to comply with the table above.

Please explain.

2.3 Is there an addon available to validate VAT number (B2B).

Validate VAT automatically ie interface or API to EU regulator website for check and validation.

2.4 Let me know if the solution shall be requested as commercial support, and submitted to quotation, so that I post it in the appropriate section.

Thanks and regards.

Roberto

Albacoras

albacora-security.com

Is this forum still alive or am I missing something?

The people on this forum give there time for free, and comments like this will earn you no friends. First off loose the attitude.

When you say that the VAT calculator does not work, do you mean that it does not work, or that it does not work as you would like it to? I take it you have set the correct taxes on all your products and have turned on show prices with VAT in the 'my store' configuration area, and you have set up all the required tax zones that you need, and that it does not lay everything out in the way that you would like.

To get things to look like you want them, you may have to alter the code on the relevant pages to get the layout to show as you need. There may be several pages where you need to do this and the code on those pages may be slightly different, so you will have to go through all those pages and make the changes.

If you have looked through the addons area, and not found anything that checks VAT numbers then you may have to get something coded. They are several VAT number checkers available so you may have to check each one manually rather than have OSC do it.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Dear 14steve14,

I thank you for your comments.

And I am sorry if you felt a kind of annoyment, sorry for that.

Probably OSC does not like my firefox as searches give no results.

FYI I ve installed osc v22 in the past and all wen quite ok with a bit of search and patience, and the tax calculator when OK day 1. Not the sitaution today.

As I mentioned, either I completely misinstalled the system, or a code / addons correcting are missing, but the info is not availabel to my searches.

Thanks for your comemnts and sorry again.

This goes now through paid support.

Best regards,

Roberto

Archived