• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC 2.3.4 PayPal Standard 3.2 could not verify transaction ....

MerchOnline

wen't through forums and help sites for days now, but can't get this issue fixed.

after paying with paypal standard 3.2 customer gets a notification  "transaction couldn't get verified."

orders remain in shopping cart also.

I installed the paypal app package and it seemed to work. but it messed up the orders.php with all the extra add-ons installed.

I also deleted and reinstalled paypal standard, but nothing changed.

seems to be pretty common problem at the moment

There are probably various reasons for this one of them being (I think) if you don’t have the correct TLS/OpenSSL level. Try creating & running the following script (the echo’s can probably be removed leaving just 3 lines):

<?phpecho '<br>A: ';
$ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_URL, "https://tlstest.paypal.com/");curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 6); var_dump(curl_exec($ch));
echo '<br><br>B: ';
var_dump(curl_error($ch));
echo '<br><br>C: ';
var_dump(curl_version());
echo '<br><br>D: ';
echo '<br><br>---- ';

If correct it should output something like:

A: PayPal_Connection_OKbool(true)

B: string(0) ""

C: array(9) { ["version_number"]=> int(467968) ["age"]=> int(3) ["features"]=> int(34493) ["ssl_version_number"]=> int(0) ["version"]=> string(6) "7.36.0" ["host"]=> string(23) "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu" ["ssl_version"]=> string(14) "OpenSSL/1.0.1e" ["libz_version"]=> string(5) "1.2.3" ["protocols"]=> array(20) { [0]=> string(4) "dict" [1]=> string(4) "file" [2]=> string(3) "ftp" [3]=> string(4) "ftps" [4]=> string(6) "gopher" [5]=> string(4) "http" [6]=> string(5) "https" [7]=> string(4) "imap" [8]=> string(5) "imaps" [9]=> string(4) "ldap" [10]=> string(5) "ldaps" [11]=> string(4) "pop3" [12]=> string(5) "pop3s" [13]=> string(4) "rtsp" [14]=> string(3) "scp" [15]=> string(4) "sftp" [16]=> string(4) "smtp" [17]=> string(5) "smtps" [18]=> string(6) "telnet" [19]=> string(4) "tftp" } }

D:

----

If it shows an error you probably need to speak to your host provider.

after working on it for a few days again now.

it seems the paypal transaction is going through on paypal itself and the correct order is placed on the shop.

it is just not deleting the order after all this is done.

everything at the paypal account is set up correctly.

Problems with PayPal Payments Standard ver 3.2.and OsCommerce version 2.3.4.    

I started having problems with PayPal the last week in March. Tried to update to the new PayPal App but had trouble installing PayPal Express, so I went back to PayPal Payments Standard.

When a customer puts an item in their cart, clicks on checkout, then chooses the shipping method (currently on flat rate - best way) and clicks on PayPal as the payment method, they then go to "Confirm Order". Once the click on confirm order they are taken to the login page for PayPal. Once they login to PayPal, PayPal shows the cost of the item(s) in the cart, sales tax (where applicable) and the cost of flat rate for shipping. Once customer verifies payment, PayPal notes that the payment has been made and to "click here" if they are not returned to my site within 10 seconds.

Where customers WERE returned to the successful payment page and an empty cart, they are now returned to a full cart and a notice that the payment could not be verified by PayPal. Their order DOES show up on the OSC orders page, as "pending", I get an email from PayPal detailing the sale, the customer's PayPal account is debited for the total amount and MY PayPal is credited for the total amount. In addition, the item(s) are NOT removed from my inventory.

As a workaround, I revised the message that the payment was not verified to: "NOTE: Your Payment has been processed. Before exiting, please be sure and remove all items from your shopping cart. You may log into your PayPal Account to verify the transaction has been completed"

I have seen several threads that discussed a similar problem, but have not been able to fix the problem.....  Any suggestions..????

please confirm Paypal App version (v5.018 is the latest) and also confirm your version of osCommerce (is it the bootstrap version, Gold or Edge?)

I have the gold BS version and using PayPal app v5.018, and every payment transaction works ok using standard or express, the cart is empty after returning from PayPal.  The customer is informed that the transaction is complete. the inventory is reduced

Do check you PayPal account settings first.

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

As noted at the beginning of my post, I am using PayPal Payments Standard 3.2 (the stand alone version) and version 2.3.4 NON BS OsCommerce. I have used OsCommerce since 2006 and did a clean install of 2.3.4 when it first came out. PayPal Standars worked fine until the end of March, when PayPal made some changes. I tried to upgrade to the New OsCommerce PayPal App, but could NOT get it to work.... when I tried to setup PayPal Express, I got the PayPal Button on my payment selection page (Credit Cards through my processor, check/money order or PayPal). If you hit the PayPal Button, it went off to neverland....so I uninstalled Standards and Express.

In PayPal Profile I have set Auto Return to "no" (same result)....to "yes" with the url to "checkout_success" AND "checkout_process" (same result). I have tried with "Payment Data Transfer"= off and with it on....same results.

The one thing I did notice in some of the older posts (2014) of people having the same problem was that Harald recommended making sure the the encoding in PayPal was set to UTF-8. I have a PayPal Professional Account and changing the encoding is not an option. I did get the following debug, but I am not a much of a programmer, so not sure what it means.

$HTTP_POST_VARS:

Array
(
[payer_email] => "payer's email"      NOTE: personal data changed
[payer_id] =>  "payer's id"         NOTE: personal data changed
[payer_status] => VERIFIED
[first_name] => "name 1"      NOTE: personal data changed
[last_name] => "name 2"      NOTE: personal data changed
[address_name] => "full name"   NOTE: personal data changed
[address_street] => "street address"   NOTE: personal data changed
[address_city] => "city"  NOTE: personal data changed
[address_state] => "state code"   NOTE: personal data changed
[address_country_code] => US
[address_zip] => "zip"   NOTE: personal data changed
[residence_country] => US
[txn_id] => 88442996DB4319002
[mc_currency] => USD
[mc_fee] => 0.66
[mc_gross] => 12.57
[protection_eligibility] => ELIGIBLE
[payment_fee] => 0.66
[payment_gross] => 12.57
[payment_status] => Completed
[payment_type] => instant
[shipping] => 5.00
[tax] => 0.58
[item_name1] => "item name"    NOTE: personal data changed
[quantity1] => 1
[mc_gross_1] => 6.99
[mc_shipping1] => 5.00
[num_cart_items] => 1
[txn_type] => cart
[payment_date] => 2017-04-28T17:38:52Z
[business] => "my paypal account email"       NOTE: personal data changed
[receiver_id] => WBJ7A46KK7JW4
[notify_version] => UNVERSIONED
[custom] => 579
[invoice] => 824
[verify_sign] => "verify sign"     NOTE: personal data changed
)

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

Array
(
[osCsid] => cd112b1ba3aa3feb909c6d7b7303eb57
)

as I said, I have a short term workaround by changing the "could not verify transaction" message to verified and please empty your cart.....

any help will be appreciated........

@@thelrm

It's unusual that after installing the Paypal app you would get a Paypal button on checkout_payment.php.

Or do you mean a radio button like your other payment methods?

And you are using 2.3.4 standard, not 2.3.4BS, is that correct? What version of PHP are you on?

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@@thelrm: Hi,

your "$HTTP_POST_VARS" is missing the "receiver_email" var. That's probably why the confirmation fails.

Install the PayPal App and test the payment. If it works with that module, then you can still check what's wrong with the express module, but in the meantime, you still have a working payment module.

AD

PHP Version 5.2.17 & OSC 2.3.4 Standard. (no BS....lol)  and I got the "real" PayPal button on my first install of the PayPal App with Express Payment module.  Now I have the standard radio buttons, even when I install the stand alone Express Payment module. Now.....the Express Payment module (stand alone) bypasses the confirmation step and goes straight to PayPal, where pp calculates the tax and shipping, and shows the total due. I click on pay and it looks like it is processing the payment, then I am returned to my site, with an EMPTY cart, but no transaction...no osc order, no payment from pp. Guess I will have to bite the bullet and take another run at the PP App.

FYI for anyone reading this thread..... when you backup, prior to making a change in the payment modules, do NOT simply add xxxx_backup.php to the file and leave it in the same folder. If you have a problem with the new module and have to uninstall it, then try to install again (or another module) you get an error message that xxxx_backup.php does not exist in /modules.

@@thelrm

PHP version 5.2.17?

That was released over six years ago, and has been unsupported for four, so it's no surprise you are having problems. 

Is there a way your host can upgrade your PHP version to 5.6, I'm sure your problems will go away.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

strange....... I went to osc/admin clicked Tools>Server Info and got the osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 and PHP version 5.2.17

went to my cpanel, clicked Server Information and it has Apache Version 2.2.31 and PHP Version 5.4.45.....

ok......now running php v5.6.29......... same problem with PayPal Payment Standards..........will try PayPal Express later....still open to suggestions..... would prefer NOT to have to do the APP install, as it did not go well the 1st time...thanks all..

the good news is, PayPal Payments Standard is up and running as it should.....the bad news is, I had to retro back to version 1.0 to do it..!!

Not sure why, but at least it works.....

thanks ....

• 4 months later...

I had the same issue with PayPal standard as the user MerchanOnline who started this thread.

I resolved them with the activation of the PDT on my PayPal account and with the insertion of the token on my web-site admin PayPal configuration. 

Google this you'll find instructions in case you haven't activated them. 

P.S. PayPal app installed on my website.

• 2 months later...

I have just set up a site with OSC (3.0) and am trying to get Paypal Standard to work.  Payment is successful but I get "oscommerce could not verify the paypal transaction. please try again" on return.
The Documentation says "It is recommended to enter the API Credentials or enable Payment Data Transfer (PDT) in your PayPal account settings to ensure transactions can be verified after payments have been made."  I set this up in Paypal and got a token but I do not see anywhere in the Paypal module parameters to enter this. I removed the module and reinstalled it but that was no help.
How do I use PDT for the Paypal Standard?  I need credit card sales, so apparently can't use Paypal Express.

I have just set up a site with OSC (3.0) ?

@edowty 3.0, if that is indeed the version you are using is not production ready and probably never will be....you should set up the EDGE version which you can find here.

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/archive/master.zip

Dan

Sounds like you are just getting into this so I'd still suggest installing the EDGE version...it's mobile ready.  After that you can deal with any issues that might arise...I think the PayPal app comes bundled with it.

Dan

I got the Paypal app to work in the Edge version, but since I had the store all set up in the previous version I had I tried to install the app there.

The first version I installed is OsCommerce v2.3.4.1 Full Package, downloaded from the main site.  The instructions for the legacy changes for the app do not correspond to the actual directory structure (there is no catalog directory before uploading the Paypal app files and files are just in different places).  Anyway the app does not appear.  Is the Paypal app supposed to work with this version, and if so, how should it be installed?

I was able to install the Paypal App in my original OsCommerce - I forgot I changed the name of the admin directory.  The changes in the legacy section don't seem to be needed for my purposes.  Finally the orignial problem of the "could not verify.." is solved.  I will decide later which version to use.

Archived