• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN warning with Paypal App / Express

duckydan

Hoping someone here can help.  We are using the PayPal app with the PayPal express option.  We get daily e-mails telling us that 

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

.com/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

The issue is that we are using the paypal app... that file does not exist obviously.  I'm not sure how it's even being set yet alone called.   I did a code search and replace on every file on my server and I see nothing even containing ipn.php let alone sending it out.

I thought so but we turned the IPN return url setting to off but just for good measure we set it to be checkout_process.php.

When we contacted paypal they told us it was being sent in the notify url but again that would have to be coded somewhere and it's not.

Edited by duckydan

That file, or any mention of it, is not part of osCommerce 2.3.4, 2.3.4BS Edge, 2.3.4BS Gold, or the Paypal app.

It was part of this contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679

Ensure there are no traces of that module in your installation, especially catalog\includes\modules\payment

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

So I don't see anything but we migrated from OSC 2.2. I didnt copy the config table though as I manually rebuilt that and I am using 2.3.4.

This is a really dumb question.... The old server is up but dormant... It can't be accessed but is standing in case we need to access it for a missing file. Does that IPN dial out without someone checking out? Like for a status check for a refund or anything like the paypal app does?

So just an update... the old server has been shutdown and we are still getting these warnings.  There are no calls at all to that file anywhere in any file on the server and the paypal return URL is turned off.  I'm completely baffled at this point and any help would be appreciated.  Paypal insists we are sending the data in a notify_url string.  My awstats shows that the file was called 186 times over the past 2 days even though it doesn't exist.  

With the paypal app, return url is set to off and just for safe measure I set it in paypal to checkout_process.php

am I missing anything?

does your oscommerce have a line starting

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php',

this used to be in includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

we migrated from OSC 2.2

Do you still have the old Paypal payment modules in catalog/includes/modules/payment. or did you replace them with the new ones that come with the Paypal app?

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@@241 - I do not have a file includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

@@frankl - I replaced all of the module files with those that came with the app.  In fact my entire modules/payments folder contains nothing except for the authorize.net modules and the paypal app modules (paypal_express.php, paypal_pro_dp.php, paypal_prop_hs.php, paypal_prop_payflow_dp.php, paypal_pro_payflow_ec.php, paypal_standard.php)

/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

line 366

'notify_url' => tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php', (isset($ipn_language) ? 'language=' . $ipn_language : ''), 'SSL', false, false),

/includes/modules/payment/paypal_pro_hs.php

line 314

'notify_url' => tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal/pro_hosted_ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false),

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

I would get back to Paypal, I have had an issue there before with IPN took them a year to finally resolve.

Normally IPN would be disabled long before 186 in 48 hours.

have you cleared the old working directory for Paypal

If you previously had the IPN under osc 2.2 check the transaction records inyour Paypal account for a failed transaction from that period.

Also try clearing the server cache.

Edited by 241