• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC forums not sending new email notification

DnL Crafts

I need help from master management that can fix a booboo in profiles.  Not sure where this should be posted nor whom to ask for help, please move it if necessary.

My personal email address is changing and if I can't get the notification email for the new address I will not be able to continue to get emails from these forums.  This has nothing to do with the website, only here on changing email in my profile.

My old address still gets notification emails but the new one cannot get a code to activate it.  I loose my old email address last day of April.

Lord I hope i have this message in the right place and can get some help.   

Lou Brown
Florida Panhandle USA

If you need to change your email address with the forum, then go to your profile at the top right.   It will show your forum name.  Change it there.

I'm not really a dog.

I have done that 3 times and I can't get this system to send to the gmail account that I am trying to go to.
Situation, I have had a mail account with company WFECA for almost 20 years.  They are dropping the internet items that they carried.  I have signed up with gmail for an email account.  When I try to change emails under my settings, I get no validation email, I can view everything but cannot reply or start a new topic.  

I have to go back to the old WFECA email address and the validation email comes through fine, so I validate it with user name and code and now I can respond to you and anyone else.  The WFECA email account will not be active after 4/30/17.  So if I can't get the gmail address validated I will no longer be able to receive any email from OSC forums.  Nor will I be able to communicate in these forums.  

I hope you understand my problem.

Lou Brown
Florida Panhandle USA

• 2 weeks later...

Have you checked Spam and All Mail?  Sometimes the validation emails can get stuck in places like those.  I had problems like that when they first switched to the new tab interface, as it was helpfully hiding something under Social. 

So my suggestion is to try it again and then check under Spam and All Mail to see if the notification is stuck in either place. 

Always back up before making changes.

Archived