• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I know that there has been a lot of discussion about the changes needed for PHP 7. I also know that @@burt and @@BrockleyJohn have worked on this heavily, and are needing people to test their code.

I need to get a new site up soon, and I need it to be PHP 7 compatible, Unfortunately, I do not have the resources to assist @@burt or @@BrockleyJohn in their testing.

So, I'm putting out a plea ... can we get some testing done on this so that the PHP 7 changes can get rolled into the core?

Thanks!

Malcolm

Malcolm there was a bit of discussion regarding that in this post and several that followed it....maybe is just needs to be brought forward.   For my part I'm going to PM John and see what I can do to help.  Have you taken him up on his offer?

Dan

II last said that my host does not offer php7 as yet, but I changed host over the weekend and see that they can offer different php versions over different folders. I am thinking of uploading a new version for future updating and testing so may go with a version that can also test php7. The biggest problem is time.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Where we are right now is that we have a branch that should be php7-compliant but some bits are more thoroughly tested than others. When the changes were done I and others ran every one to prove the old code produced a deprecated notice and that the changed code didn't. (Plus the change to evaluation order - harder to spot).

However the branch we now have has been rebuilt manually and it's possible it doesn't include every single code change that it should so the more eyes we can get on it, the better.

We pretty much need to run every bit of code that there is in a php7 environment and check that it behaves as expected. If you have enough time to try to do that as well, including running the install - great, let me know and I can set you up with a folder and database to do it in.

If you have less time but still want to help I can give access to a system that's already set up, and it would be great if you can do one of the things that are less easy... if you use a payment method that's not cash, cheque or paypal standard it probably hasn't been tested all the way through placing an order. Most need a merchant account to be able to test them, some even to install.

So even if all you have time for is to log into admin on the test system and set up a payment method, then create a test user and place a test order, that would still be a really big help.

If you've time for a poke around to see if you can break anything while you're there, that'll be even better!

Just pm me and I'll send you an admin user.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

We pretty much need to run every bit of code that there is in a php7 environment and check that it behaves as expected. If you have enough time to try to do that as well, including running the install - great, let me know and I can set you up with a folder and database to do it in. If you have less time but still want to help I can give access to a system that's already set up....

For those of you that are helping by testing with the system that is already set up please post what you are testing here so we don't all test the same thing and we get all the functions/routines tested.  I'm going to start with the Catalog tab and work my way though each of the routines under that tab.  What are you testing?

Dan

I'm looking to get my feet dirty with php 7. My hosting company allows me to upgrade to php 7.1, are these php 7 changes on github upto 7.1 or rather 7.0 based ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I'm looking to get my feet dirty with php 7. My hosting company allows me to upgrade to php 7.1, are these php 7 changes on github upto 7.1 or rather 7.0 based ?

I've been testing against 7.1.0

I'm not aware of any different syntax requirements between 7 and 7.1 but am open to education on the matter :)

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

I've been testing against 7.1.0

I'm not aware of any different syntax requirements between 7 and 7.1 but am open to education on the matter :)

there are some pesky differences imho, this is the info that triggered my question ...

https://www.combell.com/en/blog/php-7-1-finally-available-migrate-now/

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I'm not worried about the shiny new stuff for now, but there are several things that work differently or not at all any more - considering it's only a minor version change: http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.incompatible.php

Warnings becoming errors aren't too bad, but different returns from regular expression and sort functions might take a bit of spotting. Nothing leaps out as being obviously osc but it bears looking into in more depth - good spot.

Archived