• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pay Pal App Callbackresponse clarification re: logs

Sam-AUST

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I find with the Pay Pal app that an entry called "Callbackresponse" with a Pay Pal IP such as 173.0.81.65 or 173.0.81.33 ONLY seems to appear in the log when the order is unsuccessful or doesn't go through for some reason. Is that how it's meant to be?

All of our successfully processed orders do not have a callbackresponse appear in the logs at all.

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I find with the Pay Pal app that an entry called "Callbackresponse" with a Pay Pal IP such as 173.0.81.65 or 173.0.81.33 ONLY seems to appear in the log when the order is unsuccessful or doesn't go through for some reason. Is that how it's meant to be?

All of our successfully processed orders do not have a callbackresponse appear in the logs at all.

There is a configuration setting for the log in the general tab - near the bottom...

All - Errors - Disable

Switch to all to catch everything... but if your store is busy that log file gets big fast.

It is on catch everything, that's the weird part. I only get the callbackresponse on orders that never end up going through though. Like my lady that was being fed the wrong rates for her order size.

All successful transactions do not log any callbackresponse in the log page.

@@greasemonkey thanks for the help though, much appreciated.

I'm waiting to hear back from the host if they can find they are blocking anything from Pay Pal. It's hard because Pay Pal won't give you the IP addresses they use anymore, the tech support will only say "it's dynamic, you'll have to work it out from your logs". A really poor response from Pay Pal if you ask me.