• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App v5.010 for v2.3.4BS

Hi, I have osc 2.3.4 bs. I updated to PayPal App v5.010 and installed the patch for 2.3.4bs. 

Now app shows v5.018 is available as an update! but it's not able to retrieve it online. How could I update in this case as I can't find the update on osCommerce Apps site?

Visit App at osCommerce

v5.018 is available as an update! This can be downloaded and applied manually from the osCommerce Apps site.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated from v4.039 to v5.018 with no problems.  What error message do you get?

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

I updated from v4.039 to v5.018 with no problems.  What error message do you get?

I updated from v4.039 to v5.010 manually using http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184 . Now when i go to the admin side of the paypal app and click the "view update" button, it doesn't update automatically from v5.010 to 5.018 but show a message asking me visit http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9184 and update manually but I only find till v5.010 there

@@egutierrez

I understand now. 

I updated from v3.039 to v5.018 using the app, it worked well.

I did notice that the addon page info/9184 did not have the v5.018 update, so I just used the app auto update feature.

Can you go back to a previous backup, having v4.039 and update using the app, just a thought...@@Harald Ponce de Leon @@burt where is the v5.018 manual update?

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@@egutierrez

I understand now. 

I updated from v3.039 to v5.018 using the app, it worked well.

I did notice that the addon page info/9184 did not have the v5.018 update, so I just used the app auto update feature.

Can you go back to a previous backup, having v4.039 and update using the app, just a thought...@@Harald Ponce de Leon @@burt where is the v5.018 manual update?

Mike

Thanks @@Mikepo

I tried it but when tried to update from v4.039 I find the same problem. No possible to use the auto update feature as the App give me the option to update manually only.

• 1 month later...

@Harald Ponce de Leon Hey Harald, I believe I've mentioned this before.... however couldn't find the post (still not use to the new site... lol).

I have intermittent errors in my log since upgrading to 5.018

[10-Jun-2017 14:38:22 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*****/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 620
[10-Jun-2017 14:38:24 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/flournet/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php:620) in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 52

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i'm not sure if i understand The Paypal Express Checkout right.
Should PayPal Express Checkout ("In Context" without "instant update") started from the shopping cart, show an order total of products price + order_total module extra surcharge? Thats what i'd need.

As of now, only the classic checkout flow using instant update shows the order total right (product + surcharge), but still confuses the tax calculation for the surcharge.

Regards,
Stephan

paypal-classic-instant-update.jpg

paypal-in-context-no-instant-update.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/6/2017 at 4:59 PM, Stephan Gebbers said:

Should PayPal Express Checkout ("In Context" without "instant update") started from the shopping cart, show an order total of products price + order_total module extra surcharge? Thats what i'd need.

Hello Stephan @Stephan Gebbers,

You can use the shipping estimator module which allows to select shipping and shows accurate order totals on the shopping cart page. It also includes support for discount coupon and includes it in the order total calculation. It's full compatible with the PayPal express checkout button.

Ship In Cart BS reloaded

rgds

Rainer

10 hours ago, waltmoore said:

is there a php 7 version available

The latest 2.3.4 BS EDGE versions and the included PayPal APP version are php7 compatible.

• 1 year later...

Hello, running the PP App on the CE edition of osCommerce with PHP 7.2.

The error log shows the following:

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php on line 41

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: osC_Action in /home/UserName/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 63

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2 in /home/UserName/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 424

Any assistance is fixing these would be appreciated.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

18 hours ago, altoid said:

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER - assumed 'OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_LOGIN_SORT_ORDER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/UserName/public_html/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php on line 41

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php#L41 
is where it is saying there is a problem. 

Your error is stating it is undefined, yet it is set up (defined) as part of the installation process at
https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/includes/apps/paypal/modules/LOGIN/LOGIN.php#L134

I think that maybe if you uninstall the login module and then re-install it, it might fix itself.

18 hours ago, altoid said:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: osC_Action in /home/UserName/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 63

Both of these would need a code update to the module, which HPDL looks after.
Put an isset in the osc_action, as so;

switch ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['osC_Action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['osC_Action'] : '')) {

This may fix it, until HPDL gets back in the saddle.

1 hour ago, burt said:

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/includes/modules/content/login/cm_paypal_login.php#L41 
is where it is saying there is a problem. 

Your error is stating it is undefined, yet it is set up (defined) as part of the installation process at
https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/includes/apps/paypal/modules/LOGIN/LOGIN.php#L134

I think that maybe if you uninstall the login module and then re-install it, it might fix itself.

Hi thanks for responding.  In the PP App I only have PP Express installed.

So from my so so coding skill level when I saw that error, I thought it may have something to do with how PP Express works, meaning it goes right to PP and does not require a log on by the user. And in doing so somehow called logon to compete the task?  Just a wild guess.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

1 hour ago, burt said:

Both of these would need a code update to the module, which HPDL looks after.
Put an isset in the osc_action, as so;

switch ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['osC_Action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['osC_Action'] : '')) {

This may fix it, until HPDL gets back in the saddle.

@burt @14steve14

Thanks for responding...I'll work on these accordingly, reporting back if necessary.

If/When HDPL does and update I sure hope it doesn't overwrite these fixes.

However, I think I am going to make a separate folder on my pc here to document and hold these files for later use if such an update would occur without the fixes. 

Again..thx 👍

Howdy,  I have PayPal App v5.018 in the shop, and apparently the express.php file already includes the fixes suggested by @greasemonkey back in 2015.  Meaning the "suburb" coding is there. So I presume HPDL incorporated that post 2015.

So my ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 424 was/is:

$ship_suburb = tep_db_prepare_input($appPayPalEcResult['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2']);

For the line 63 error, I made the change suggested so we'll see how that goes.

I'm going to keep and eye on the log and see what happens...Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Rolling php back to PHP Version:    7.1.22 (Zend: 3.1.0)
(I was at a 7.2 version)

Just this one notice appears in the log: (whereas before there were multiple notices)

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2 in /home/barkav5/public_html/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 424

My existing code for that file and line shows:

$ship_suburb = tep_db_prepare_input($appPayPalEcResult['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPTOSTREET2']);

Hi,
I'm using PayPal Standard v5.010 -> v5.018 and, from the begining, there is and issue with the subtotal of product (framed in red in the picture) from PayPal Activity Details account.

Registered thus, the subtotal corresponds to the addition of the price of the product + delivery cost (?!?)

Does anybody know how to fix it ?

Thanks.

subtotal_paypal_wrong.jpg

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

Archived