• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App v5.010 for v2.3.4BS

Hi All..

Attached is a patch that makes the PayPal App v5.010 compatible to v2.3.4 BS. It would be great if this could be tested and feedback provided so it can be pushed out in the online update channel.

The PayPal App should be first updated to v5.010, then the contents of the zip package should be copied to your catalog/ directory, overwriting 9 files.

update.zip

Thanks in advance!

:heart:, osCommerce

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok... on first run through....

There were a bunch of $HTTP_POST_VARS and $HTTP_GET_VARS which need updating to; $_POST and $_GET

Now just trying to "retrieve" my sandbox crediential and it seems to be having issues... Gonna try again here in a minute.

@@greasemonkey The $HTTP_*_VAR variables should still work - they are referenced to the superglobals in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

The App automatically inserts missing/new configuration parameters. Between v5.000 and v5.010 there was an addition of one configuration parameter: OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_SSL_VERSION

@@greasemonkey The $HTTP_*_VAR variables should still work - they are referenced to the superglobals in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

The App automatically inserts missing/new configuration parameters. Between v5.000 and v5.010 there was an addition of one configuration parameter: OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_SSL_VERSION

confirmed... yes HTTP_*_VAR still works....

What problems did you experience?

Updated app... all went well....

Dropped files on top.... all went well.

Navigated to PayPal in admin and the only option was "start" (even though I had previously had sandbox credentials). So, clicked start and "retrieve" credentials and it came back "blank"... no errors, no login and now no credentials....

Not sure if that makes sense.... ????

Just installed the backup of the DB (that I of course took) and all is now perfect....

Navigated to PayPal in admin and the only option was "start" (even though I had previously had sandbox credentials). So, clicked start and "retrieve" credentials and it came back "blank"... no errors, no login and now no credentials....

I don't know why the credentials were reset - were any PHP errors logged by chance during the update?

Thanks for helping out!

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

Just playing around... LOVE the in-context feature for Checkout with PayPal.... works perfect in Sandbox with instant update off. The new buttons are nice as well!

Is the in-context feature not available for regular checkout (not sure if it is feasible/possible)???? It would keep a customer on site if it is possible...

Of course I have an issue, which I won't beat to death in this thread, with Express regular checkout and instant update off overriding the customers selected shipping method and taking them to confirmation with the first/cheapest...happy to give you my thoughts privately if you want them again PM me....

I don't know why the credentials were reset - were any PHP errors logged by chance during the update?

Thanks for helping out!

Nothing in the error_log files for catalog or admin...  and nothing in my cpanel error log.

Is there anywhere else I should look?

:thumbsup:  The In-Context Checkout does not yet support all of the features of the Classic Checkout, with Instant Update being one of the features. I don't have any information to share on when it will become available for In-Context.

The EC module should not overwrite the customers selected shipping method. If no shipping method has been selected (eg, the customer enters EC on the shopping cart page), then the first shipping method is automatically selected.

If Classic Checkout is used and Instant Update is enabled, the shipping rate the customer chooses during the EC flow should be carried over to the checkout confirmation page.

Ok so more testing - if I recall last time I tried instant update it worked perfect in sandbox mode but not in live (something to do with PayPal and SSL certs).

Is this something you've been able to fix?

If so... great news! And all my concern go away.

Just so I understand... I can turn instant update on in the config and checkout with PayPal will still work in-context and the regular checkout flow will work with the instant update?

In the meanwhile I'm going to wipe the install as I suggested and try again to see if I can get any idea why the credentials got taken out during the update.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon

In the meanwhile I'm going to wipe the install as I suggested and try again to see if I can get any idea why the credentials got taken out during the update.

Ok, I did a complete new fresh install and it worked perfect (no glitch.... no "start".... all credentials are still listed). Must have been "me"....

Back to testing.

I will let you know if I find anything else.

Ok so more testing - if I recall last time I tried instant update it worked perfect in sandbox mode but not in live (something to do with PayPal and SSL certs).

Is this something you've been able to fix?

PayPal does not require a HTTPS connection for Instant Update in sandbox, however it is mandatory in live mode. I recall there being a problem with certain SSL certificates (from godaddy? this was a while ago) - if there are problems with your SSL certificate, I'd recommend contacting PayPal technical support. If it works in sandbox mode, they can help discover the problem in live mode.

Just so I understand... I can turn instant update on in the config and checkout with PayPal will still work in-context and the regular checkout flow will work with the instant update?

If the In-Context checkout flow is enabled, it will not pass any Instant Update information in the transaction. It's safe to leave Instant Update on - it will not negatively affect the In-Context checkout flow in any manner.

Don't forget to try In-Context on a mobile device :thumbsup: 

PayPal App v5.011

Very good, i did make it suitable for PHP7 (like all the time after an update comes) and it works very well, no issues at all

Good work @@Harald Ponce de Leon

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

Having in context turned on in BS Gold did cause problems with the shipping estimator below the shopping cart for me. When in context is turned on, the customer can no longer select other shipping methods using the estimator... but this was found in the PayPal app version not with the BS patch, maybe someone else can test it.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon I managed to get to a PC earlier, the only errors I see are the following:

VM89 shopping_cart.php:1 OTS parsing error: invalid version tag
VM89 shopping_cart.php:1 Failed to decode downloaded font: https://www.website.com.au/ext/bootstrap/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff2
VM89 shopping_cart.php:1 OTS parsing error: invalid version tag

But that is both with in-context and classic and I'm guessing nothing to do with the shipping estimator problem lol

Archived