• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I installed this BS-Edge version just yesterday and the only addon installed is the Theme Switcher which is working great.

On thing I am experiencing, that I don't know if actually is a problem, is that once you add products to the cart, then click Checkout you lose all cart details. You no longer see the order totals, tax, or totals even while entering credit card details.

I would think that information should be available throughout the checkout procedure.

An addition problem is that the USPS module never shows at all. No errors displayed and does not disrupt any other process. The one remaining shipping option is there, and ocC states that 'This is the only shipping available' so i believe that the USPS module is just not working at all.

Have I missed something somewhere? I have looked everywhere and just not found anything that causes this in the settings.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks

Mark

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

You no longer see the order totals, tax, or totals even while entering credit card details.

I would think that information should be available throughout the checkout procedure.

I agree @@mdtaylorlrim, but it would be a good challenge to get that information on the checkout pages, no? :)

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

The USPS module that ships with all of the recent osCommerce distributions does not work. This Addon will probably work. However, the USPS changes their API often, and usually without notice, so it may stop working at any time. Irt's advisable to have a backup, or at least a module that you can switch on at short notice.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The USPS module that ships with all of the recent osCommerce distributions does not work. This Addon will probably work. However, the USPS changes their API often, and usually without notice, so it may stop working at any time. Irt's advisable to have a backup, or at least a module that you can switch on at short notice.

Regards

Jim

Thanks. Is the most recent version by a.forever spam or is it a valid contribution package?

I agree @@mdtaylorlrim, but it would be a good challenge to get that information on the checkout pages, no? :)

I think it would be imperative that the final total is shown to me before I press "Charge my credit card" because up to this point the system has not yet shown me the total price. Or is my shop broken?

How hard would it be to create a "Cart Totals" box that would reside in the right column that dynamically changes with the cart totals?

How hard would it be to create a "Cart Totals" box that would reside in the right column that dynamically changes with the cart totals?

Admin -> Modules -> Boxes -> Install Module -> Shopping Cart

Modify to show shipping cost when on the checkout payment and checkout confirmation pages.

Admin -> Modules -> Boxes -> Install Module -> Shopping Cart

Modify to show shipping cost when on the checkout payment and checkout confirmation pages.

I did miss something.  It's a start. However, it does not show the selected shipping or the tax, and a total. That is what we need.

@@mdtaylorlrim

If you would like those features in Core you will need to make a proposal and see if it gets accepted.

The easiest solution though would be to code up your own solution (or pay someone to do it for you) and then release it as an addon so that others may benefit.

@@mdtaylorlrim

If you would like those features in Core you will need to make a proposal and see if it gets accepted.

The easiest solution though would be to code up your own solution (or pay someone to do it for you) and then release it as an addon so that others may benefit.

I finally have the cart progressing to a point that one confirms the payment to the credit card and all the details, sub-total, shipping, tax, and total is on the final page. The only thing that really is necessary is a statement like "You will confirm the final price on the following page" or "You will be able to change xxxxx prior to charging your credit card" or something like that throughout the check out process.

That would be a lot easier to code.

Above the 'Continue' button on the checkout payment page I have a block that says

Continue Checkout Procedure

Click on the 'Continue' button. We'll calculate the total amount (including taxes and shipping, less any discounts if applicable) -- we'll show that to you, including a breakdown of what's what, on the next page. That's where you will confirm your order (and enter your credit card details if that's your chosen payment method).

Archived