• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal not working with online Merchant v2.3.4 (responsive)

Hello all,

I had PayPal walk me through getting API credentials, entered them in the appropriate page and configured  express checkout for live sales. All I get when pressing either the Gold paypal button or using the checkout to purchase an item is a blank page.

I've also got an issue with the landing page. Several times with both FireFox and Chrome browsers I get a page that hasn't read the CSS and configured itself. It's all text until I Press the browsers reload button. That will produce the landing page. IE doesn't seem to have this issue.

Windows 8.1 64bit.

LiteSpeed server on cPanel business class  host using Synergy Wholesale in Australia.

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 pixel_trans.gifChecking version tells me the latest version is installed.

PayPal account is 10 years old and functions quite OK using PayPal buttons in a form on other domains and when using their card reader via my iPad.

I really would appreciate some help with this. PayPal have said there is nothing wrong their end. No calls to process payment have been received.

The latest update from the paypal addon is not suitable for the latest responsive oscommerce ... you will have to modify it before (the latest bs-version is already without the filename constants and without superglobals. This wasn't considered in the paypal update)

Does that mean by following the advise of osCommerce master itself, I've killed the paypal module?

If I replace all but the config files will that result in Paypal actually working or do I need to do a complete re-install?

Thanks for the reply.

Trying to backout the change manually is going to be a lot harder than just doing the edits you need.

There's a quick and dirty workaround that's worth a try: include filenames.php in application_top in both catalog and admin. That will reintroduce the constants needed for this version of the app.

The superglobals changes shouldn't matter unless you're rewriting URLs with the Search Engine Friendly stuff in the same file.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Thanks for the reply Frank,

I'm using the update the 'latest' version of edge or master says is available. This self installs.

I did read that Harald had a paypal something I thought was just an addition to version 4 on Git marked 9 days ago but not being familiar with a heck of a lot of PHP I thought this must have been what I let osCommerce master install itself. Odd that now I can't get that message to come up again.

Are you using the Paypal app?

https://www.oscommerce.com/Us&News=151

Or are you using something else?

Thank you John,

I installed a fresh copy of osC on my localhost.... Created a fake user and 'bought' one of the default products. No problems. All went well. I'd really like to have the time to follow your suggestion but if I stuff it up (as I'm 50% likely to do) I'd need to reinstall to get myself out of trouble. So I decided that seeing as I only had a few items so far, I might as well do a full re-install. It took me 45 minutes on local host so I can handle that. I do appreciate your reply, perhaps as my coding skills improve, I can enjoy alteration like you suggested.

Trying to backout the change manually is going to be a lot harder than just doing the edits you need.

There's a quick and dirty workaround that's worth a try: include filenames.php in application_top in both catalog and admin. That will reintroduce the constants needed for this version of the app.

The superglobals changes shouldn't matter unless you're rewriting URLs with the Search Engine Friendly stuff in the same file.

Ping frankl.

I've just reinstalled osCommerce and configured PayPal module that comes with 'Responsive-osCommerce-master'. I haven't yet bought anything but I can check my PayPal balance so its communicating properly. Something the previous (updated) version did not due.

I'm already working in a state of confusion whenever I come up to a version name identical to one not being updated. Even the documentation for PayPal app 5_001 has confusion in it.

"All osCommerce Online Merchant versions up to and including v2.3.4 require
changes to be performed to the shop installation for advanced App features.
Please review the Legacy Changes page"

Fair enough except the documentation does not have a page of "legacy Changes" in it!

I'm also concerned that the Documentation indicates on page 37 that this new version can be uploaded and automatically installed by doing exactly the same thing I did to stop it working.

SO in drawing your attention to this, I'm asking if you are certain that if I install the PayPal App 5_001 the whole paypal system won't present a blank page?

Cupidare seems to think the updated Paypal module still installs the filename constants and superglobals... Exactly what killed my first 'update' described in page 37 of the paypal app you gave me a link to.

I'd really like to hear more about this app before I presume it works.

@@Ryadia

If the existing Paypal app works, I wouldn't upgrade if I were you.

The legacy changes are included in the documentation, but I'll repeat the relevant sections here to save you hunting for it.

Existing osCommerce Online Merchant installations up to and including v2.3.4 require the following code changes to be performed:

1. Administration Tool App Setup (not needed for 2.3.4BS)

2. Hooks for the Administration Tool and Catalog

3. Administration Tool Order Administration Page

4. Public CA Certificate Bundle

Only the changes in (1) are required to add the PayPal App links to the Administration
Tool (this is already done for 2.3.4BS). Changes (2), (3), and (4) are optional and are needed if transaction management (i.e. refunds, authorisations, etc) is to be added to the Administration Tool Orders management page (this requires a new order management page which may overwrite installed Add-Ons).

Hooks for the Administration Tool and Catalog

osCommerce Online Merchant up to v2.3.4 (5-June-2014)

Copy the following file from:

docs/legacy/v234/includes/classes/hooks.php

to:

catalog/includes/classes/hooks.php

In the following file:

catalog/includes/application_top.php

add to the bottom (before ?>):

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/classes/hooks.php');
$OSCOM_Hooks = new hooks('shop');

In the following file:

catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

add to the bottom (before ?>):

require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/classes/hooks.php');
$OSCOM_Hooks = new hooks('admin');

Copy (and overwrite) the following file from:

docs/legacy/v234/admin/includes/classes/order.php

to:

catalog/admin/includes/classes/order.php

Copy (and overwrite) the following file from:

docs/legacy/v234/admin/orders.php

to:

catalog/admin/orders.php

In all catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php language files, add the following language definition:

define('ENTRY_ADD_COMMENT', 'Add Comment:');

Also note that you need to also install your preferred Paypal payment module through the app (Express, Hosted Solution, Direct Payment, or Standard). I've been using Express for years and it works well.

You can also add Login with Paypal. On my site about 50% of customers who use Paypal use Login with Paypal. It's a bit involved to set up, but well worth it for the convenience of your customers. Instructions for that are here https://library.oscommerce.com/Package&en&paypal&oscom23&log_in

You should also turn on logging, at least while settling in, and keep a careful eye on the logs to check for errors.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for that detailed reply.

I'd pretty well adopted the attitude "Don't fix what isn't broken" 20 or 30 years ago. It's comforting to find others with the same belief. I'm using Express payments myself on several other domains I have. The thing I like about PayPal is their 24/7 support - by phone.

I've begun populating the site now so it will need to last a year or two as it is. I'm very happy with the way its all working as it should. I just need a few things I'll work on later to tidy up the default template - maybe that's not the right word to use but I'm sure you get the meaning. I'll try installing the new PayPal app on localhost when I get time. Maybe next month. Thanks for the help. Its much appreciated.

Ryadia

Archived