• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new template...

BronxCapone

hello i am trying to add any new template.. this is the first time i had to manual add this oscommerce package to my site.. last time i had this store i had telus oscommerce template package and all i had to do is pick and hit enter to change my template...

so, now i do not know what to do...any help please..

Hi there,

Try the Theme Switcher add on from @@kymation

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7663

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

First of all, what version of osCommerce are you using? Different add-ons for theme/template switching are for different versions. If you installed a commercial template (free or paid), all bets are off... the underlying code could be almost anything now. The current supported version is osC 2.3.4BS Edge (community supported). It's a waste of time to try to work with anything else. Do not attempt to install anyone's "template" or "theme" unless they guarantee that it works with your particular osC version.

hi thanks for your reply

telus hosting Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4

pixel_trans.gif

Could not connect to the osCommerce website to check for new versions.

i am new to this.. my hosting company installed this manual so i have no idea what i am doing.. i had oscommerce template program from telus hosting before,so all i had to do was pick any template and install with a click of a button..

this is a fresh install only added product and categories.. i did not install any templates...

Well, standard 2.3.4 is the official current release, although it's unsupported and won't run on PHP versions past 5.3 or maybe 5.4. Your host probably installed it because they found it as the "official" release, but you should not be using it. When your host upgrades PHP to 5.5 or higher, your store won't work. If you're just starting on a new version, you should be running osC 2.3.4BS Edge (community supported). It runs on PHP 5.6 (soon to support 7.0), and is responsive. Any chance of your starting over with 2.3.4BS? You should be able to migrate your data over and not lose any of it, although any custom features from the template you were using will be a problem. Does telus offer templates tailored for 2.3.4BS? What exactly do you mean by getting a "template" from them? The word means different things to different people. Is it a customized version of osC provided by your host? That could mean anything from minor CSS tweaks to massive amounts of new code. Is it created by your host (probably not that far from stock) or by a third party? Third party "templates" are often heavily modified versions of osC, while most hosts would not have the resources or expertise to get that deeply into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, standard 2.3.4 is the official current release, although it's unsupported and won't run on PHP versions past 5.3 or maybe 5.4. Your host probably installed it because they found it as the "official" release.

Which is sad, but has been the history of osC over the years. which is why some people started thier own fork some time ago that resulted in all the 'fuss'.

If it were not for Gary (Burt) this project would be dead and that is a greater shame

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

If it were not for Gary (Burt) this project would be dead and that is a greater shame

Not just me.  

The help of a small band of shopowners in testing and monetary.  

As well as a couple of developers in coding time and effort.

This is why it is called the Community Edition.  It is the communities effort that kept (and keeps) osC punching, even if staggering against the ropes...

... however someone had to take that first step.

@@FIMBLE  Nic, Gary is just being modest but don't say anything more...that chapeau barely fits now.  :lol:

Dan

hi thanks for your reply

telus hosting Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4

pixel_trans.gif

Could not connect to the osCommerce website to check for new versions.

i am new to this.. my hosting company installed this manual so i have no idea what i am doing.. i had oscommerce template program from telus hosting before,so all i had to do was pick any template and install with a click of a button..

this is a fresh install only added product and categories.. i did not install any templates...

Not really a template, but you can download osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 color themes at http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/

You can then upload it to your website via FTP into this folder: /ext/jquery/ui/

Then change these entries in includes/template_top.php with the file names of the new ones you just added.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.10.4.min.js"></script>

Archived