• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyone made a module for Afterpay or Zippay (Australia)

Sam-AUST

A lot of websites are now offering payments where the customer buys now, pays later with no interest on the payments. There's a couple of services in Australia doing these type of payments and I've seen people all over the web talking about them. The merchants I know offering it via other shopping carts see up to 60% of their payments done that way.

After a long google search, I can see another seller asking about a payment module for this type of payment and freelance jobs asking for them but that's about it. Does anyone out there know of a module for either of these companies being in the works, including commercial modules?

@@Sam-AUST

I'm looking into these myself Sam.

Afterpay charges 4-6 percent plus 30 cents per transaction, which is quite steep.

ZipPay charges 1-4% (depends on the volume of transactions) plus 15 cents per transaction which is better, but isn't as large as Afterpay so may be a risk.

I'll keep you posted.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

G'day Doug, although there are modules for other carts, apparently Afterpay is not really offering any help with at the moment with developing modules as they are already over-committed in other areas. I am so keen to use it, I have heard it increases sales like you wouldn't believe. It might help if Australian merchants on here were expressing an interest so we could show demand.

@@Sam-AUST

Maybe we could see how many AU merchants on here would be interested in Zipay or Afterpay..get together and get one coded?

Or is there a module for another cart we can get our hands on to see what needs to be done?

Edited by douglaswalker

I would do it but I need credentials. Afterpay won't offer developers sandbox credentials as their support staff are currently "overworked", so need someone to actually apply for a merchant account before anything can happen.

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Hi there

this response from AfterPay (below)

will see what zipay say

"Hi Douglas,

Thanks for letting us know. However, for now we're not in the position to on-board any custom APIs.

We'll let you know when this policy changes.

Kind regards
Matt"

Edited by douglaswalker

"Hi Douglas,

Thanks for letting us know. However, for now we're not in the position to on-board any custom APIs.

We'll let you know when this policy changes.

Kind regards

Matt"

That's the stock answer, word for word. You'd need to pretend you're going to move your shop to a supported platform and the development would have to be done without their support.

It's not as if they can tell what code is on the other end of the api calls.

One issue is whether there's much of a subscription that merchants have to pay afterpay or if the cost is transactional like PayPal. if transactional you wouldn't be stuck with a bill from afterpay during development.

Edited by BrockleyJohn

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

I am going to try and write one myself, as no ready modules are available.

Is there a documentation on a design of osCommerce payment modules? I can trace it myself, but would be good to save time.

AfterPay APIs (on the first glance) seem reasonably simple.

Rudolf

@@rudolfl

wow how did you manage that.. I got a flat no.

When I said I was on Oscommerce they said no new APIs and it was an internal issue.

I didnt even hear back from Zipay

Good luck ...let us know how you go :thumbsup:

Edited by douglaswalker

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Afterpay!

Upon reviewing your inquiry, it seems your business is on an eCommerce platform we don't support right now. We currently have a verified plugin with:

(List of current shopping carts, no oscommerce on list)

-

If you believe this is an error or you plan on switching to one of the supported platforms, please reply directly to this email.

Otherwise, we have your details saved and will contact you when we support your preferred eCommerce platform.

Continued Success,

The Afterpay Team

-

If you believe this is an error or you plan on switching to one of the supported platforms, please reply directly to this email.

You'll have to pretend to be switching to one of their supported platforms

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@@rudolfl

@@frankl

Hi there,

I have had a reply from ZipPay and they want to have a chat re-integration and have asked for a number to contact. I was hoping someone here with much more knowledge than me could volunteer to speak with them. I don't want to stuff up the chance to get us all onboard.

Doug

Edited by douglaswalker

@@frankl

@@rudolfl

This sounds very promising

I have the time but unfortunately not the skills. If there is a framework somewhere... I may be able to work it through but I think it will be a bit beyond my skills.

Happy to have a look and a go but if there are others on here who would also like to try that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have just signed up with zipPay and require someone to install API side to our site to enable us to off this to our customers. Is there anyone here that is able to help with this as I require it done asap.

Have all the API details and help but no technical skills to do it myself.

Our site is www.fantasy-art-trading.com for those interested and willing to help out.

Kind Regards,

Craig (Owner of Fantasy Art Trading).

2 hours ago, FantasyArt said:

Hi Guys,

I have just signed up with zipPay and require someone to install API side to our site to enable us to off this to our customers. Is there anyone here that is able to help with this as I require it done asap.

Have all the API details and help but no technical skills to do it myself.

Our site is www.fantasy-art-trading.com for those interested and willing to help out.

Kind Regards,

Craig (Owner of Fantasy Art Trading).

let me know how you get on. I am looking to use Zippay as well