Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcmannehan

Problem after install

7 posts in this topic

I did install for test osC 3 on a Ubuntu Server 16.04. PHP 7.0.15 and MySQL 5.7.
After install no admin login and a blank frontend page.

If i watch the quelltext in the webbrowser, there show this:

<!doctype html>

<html dir="ltr" lang="en_US">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<title>Test Shop: Welcome to Test Shop!</title>

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="public/sites/Shop/images/store_icon.png" />

<meta name="generator" value="osCommerce Online Merchant" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="public/external/jquery/jquery-1.7.1.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="public/external/jquery/ui/themes/start/jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="public/external/jquery/ui/jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.min.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="public/sites/Shop/templates/oscom/stylesheets/general.css" />

<meta name="generator" content="osCommerce Online Merchant" />

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="public/sites/Shop/javascript/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="pageBlockLeft">
<div id="pageContent">

What's the problem?

Before you spend a lot of time on this, please be aware that osc 3 should not be used for production shops. There is very little development effort on it -- the main effort appears to be going into 2.4. I'm not sure it's ever been updated to PHP 7. osC 3 should only be used by those interested in helping out with bleeding edge development. If you are looking to implement a real production shop, osC 2.3.4BS Edge is the only way to go.

@@MrPhil Thank you for your advise, but I am a programmer/devlopment too, i work with osC since the first Version.

I don't will use this for production shop. I will help too. I find the problem already. The osC 3 don't run with PHP7. I changed to

PHP 5.6.30 and it's working fine. I think this is a bad solution osC 3.0 should be PHP7 ready. I will look further and change the code

for to be suitable with PHP7.

With mysql 5.7 everything seems to work so far.

I use this https://github.com/mcmannehan/osCommerce-WDW-PV7.0-Pimp-Version-Responsiv for production shop and it's working very well.

Edited by burt
remove external link

I'm just telling you that AFAIK, there is very little, if any, development effort going into osC 3.0. It appears to be a dead-end for now. If you wish to use it, or even just play with it, that's your business, but don't expect to get a lot of help here. Most of the effort seems to be going into osC 2.3.4BS, with 2.4 proceeding more slowly.

I'm just telling you that AFAIK, there is very little, if any, development effort going into osC 3.0. It appears to be a dead-end for now. If you wish to use it, or even just play with it, that's your business, but don't expect to get a lot of help here. Most of the effort seems to be going into osC 2.3.4BS, with 2.4 proceeding more slowly.

oaky thx. I get it. btw: what means AFIAK? Sorry i am a German guy i don't know every short word ;-)

oaky thx. I get it. btw: what means AFIAK? Sorry i am a German guy i don't know every short word ;-)

AFAIK = As far as I know

Malcolm