• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with width of template not full screen

liz5384

Hello,

I downloaded a free oscommerce template, but want to change the width of the main column in the middle of the template so that it takes up the entire width of the screen.

Attached to this question I have 2 images. The 1st called "current template width" is a screenshot of how my website currently looks. The 2nd image called "desired template width" is a photoshopped version of how I want the template to look. Where and how can I edit the html to achieve this?

Any help is appreciated.

@@liz5384

If you wanted a free template why not use the one that comes with Oscommerce? osC has a Bootstrapped and responsive version. This one is by Gary Burton. I'm showing it to you for an example of what it looks like. You can make it look just about anyway you want to. You can changes themes at will. There's an add-on for that.

http://template.me.uk/234bs3//index.php

Without a lot more information it will be very difficult to give an answer as every version of oscommerce has a different way of creating the css for the page. You have now hit the problem with free templates as there is no support for them, thats why they are free.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@liz5384

Just because the template is compatible with v2.3 does not mean it is supported by osCommerce. If you want support for that template, you have to go through who created that template. Or through who distributes it. Most people can not, or will not, help you with that template because it was made somewhere other that osC. This is an osC forum. It is NOT a third party forum. You would be way better off to do as I suggested earlier. There's a way better template that comes standard with osC. A whole lot of people with help you with the osC template but, not the one you're using.

Archived