• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Silly Question I think.....or Hope !

sunshynecraftsbeads

Hi,

I am just going through my website and was wondering if there was a easy fix for all the different colors used in the 2.3.4 BS version.

For example;

Returning customer box (green)  -  I would like it to be the same colors as the new customer box (blues)

Shopping cart box is red as well as the font

Billing Address box is yellow

Alot of the " Continue " buttons & all the "Buy Now" buttons are green.

Is it hard to change the boxes & buttons to just one color ? I would like my site to be mainly blues and would like to change all these areas if I can.

**   Also I really like the blues that are used in this version but I do not know what the codes are for them so if anyone knows, it would be awesome if you could let me know the color codes.  **

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

Most of the colors in 2.3.4 BS come from the theme. You can install a new theme manually or use the Theme Switcher Addon to manage your themes. There are many free themes available on the Internet or you can create your own.

There are many color picker addons (either for your OS of for your browser) that will tell you what color is being used. You can also read the color numbers from the code using Firebug or the debugger in Chrome.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Have a look at http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_alerts.asp

That page explain how the colours are used. As an example if its the green colour that you are looking for you need to search the code for -sucess. Once you find that bit of code you can change it to any of the other colours simply by changing that to ie -info, which is the blue colour.

You can change the colours of any of the css styles including the buttons colours by adding the css into the user.css file. There was a good post by @@greasemonkey on how he made changes to a stock BS site after the install. It helped me in many ways to understand what could be done. I cant find a link at the momment which is a real pity as the thread was a good read for a newcommer.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I would like to thank Jim @@kymation ,Steve @@14steve14 and Scott @@greasemonkey for taking the time to help m.

I am sure a lot of unexperienced people (like myself) who need a little extra help will learn something new here. The information was very helpful and Scott's thread is a clear easy to use guideline to help you make changes to your own website.

Thank you again guys. It is greatly appreciated.

Archived