• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change product view to list instead of grid?

Hello, @@Lioelx

I went to admin->configuration and clicked on product Listing it's not there:

Only thing listed is

Display Product Image (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Manufacturer Name (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Model (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Name (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Price (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Quantity (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Weight (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Buy Now column (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable)

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both)

I am using the bootstrap version, but I also checked the 2.3.4 version and nothing either.

@@burt,

I have in my tools--configuration--Product Listing this for choose the default view

Display Product Image (0=disable; 1=enable)

Display Product Manufacturer Name (0=disable; 1=enable) Display Product Model (0=disable; 1=enable) Display Product Name (0=disable; 1=enable) Display Product Price (0=disable; 1=enable) Display Product Quantity (0=disable; 1=enable) Display Product Weight (0=disable; 1=enable)   Product Listing Length of Description (grid)     Product Listing Length of Description (list)     Display Buy Now column (0=disable; 1=enable)   Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable)     Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both)   Product Listing Default View (grid/list)

No external links here, thank you

@@tmccaff

Ops, that setting is useless at all. I have looked at the old database and it is from an old version 2.2 addon. I have put the products in list view and it does not work. A thousand pardons, has burt reason, my fault. :huh:

No external links here, thank you

• 2 years later...

Ok I know this is an old post but every search I do keeps bringing me back to this

I have installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE  "frozen"

And would like the default to be list view but with the option still there for grid view

This is controled by the file , public_html/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_grid_list_view.php

You can edit it or make a new header tag module. find around line 50

if (cc == 'list') {
  $('#products .item').removeClass('g-g-i').addClass('l-g-i').addClass('col-sm-12');
}else {
  $('#products .item').removeClass('l-g-i').addClass('g-g-i').removeClass('col-sm-12');
}

and change to ,

if (cc == 'grid') {
 $('#products .item').removeClass('l-g-i').addClass('g-g-i').removeClass('col-sm-12');
}else {
  $('#products .item').removeClass('g-g-i').addClass('l-g-i').addClass('col-sm-12');
}

You should now have list view as the default. Please check before using on live site. Only tested on BS4.

To avoid any confusion, the edit above is relavent only if you still wish to offer the customer the option of selecting  list or grid.

If all you need is to have list only then all you need is to turn off the list-grid headder tag and product info should default to list view all the time.( CE BS3 Frozen )

This may not be true for BS4 Edge as that will still  show grid view and you will need to do the edit on that version, that is how it is behaving based on download as of 4 weeks ago.

Archived