• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thanks Raiwa.  

So school girl error. 

Its the PHP version.    Strangely the OSCommerce 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen installation seems to work on an earlier php than 7, but maybe all the functionality isn't there.

I'm setting up on another server area where I can switch the php higher.   I'll report back - hopefully this is the solution and all will then work!

thanks for the pointers!

@Rosyweb

Both, 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen and the qtpro add-on state PHP 7.0 or higher required.

Yes, after moving server etc it works.   Yipee! 

Strangely again the OSCommerce v2.3.4.1 CE I'd installed from a zip file and during the installation it had indicated the old version of php was fine, showing a thumbs up by the PHP version during the installation screens.     For some reason doesn't pick up on this in the install screens correctly! 

Sorry I had missed this on your QTPro version Raiwa.   So all good now and thanks for the help.

Raiwa - just a small note on your QTPro 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen installation documentation (word file).  Install point 5:

5. [mandatory] In Admin =>Product Attributes => Header Tags install and configure the module "QT Pro Stock Check".

needs to say in Admin / Modules / Header Tags - install QT Pro Stock Check

i.e. not in Product Attributes.  A typo I think but it may be worth changing this for the next update. 

many thanks

It seems the installation script is not up to date. But in the download site in GitHub it states in the README file:

Minimum PHP Version

Hello and thank you for this contribution.

I am having a problem with the following error on new install Oscommerce v2.3.4.1 CE Frozen when trying to checkout :

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function check_stock_qtpro() in xxx/shopping_cart.php:96 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in xxx/shopping_cart.php on line 96

I modified the shopping_cart.php exactly as in the instructions and reverified each step of the installation and the activation of the modules but can not find why…. otherwise everything else is perfect. Help !

Yes, it seems this a glitch if using non modularized shopping_cart. This function is inlcuded in the module and not available if not using the shopping cart module.

Can you please use modularized shopping cart and the qtpro product listing module.

https://apps.oscommerce.com/5q6qA&modular-shopping-cart-bs

The attributes… I'm using the qtpro product listing module instead of the sc one as you said and all the rest is installed but my dropdowns which worked before on the product page before going to the cart no longer have the attributes, just the "Nothing Selected"

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Peter  @Yepi,

support for qtpro is included in easypopulate:

easy populate 2.9

You just have to switch the support setting on:

// change this to true, if you use QTYpro and want to set attributes stock with EP.
define ('EP_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK', false); // default is false

Please explain more details:

- where do you delete the attribute (admin/attributes_products, admin/AJAX attributes manager, easy populate)

- which stock remains the same (attribute stock, general product stock)

2 hours ago, raiwa said:

- where do you delete the attribute (admin/attributes_products, admin/AJAX attributes manager, easy populate)

only if the attributes are deleted the inventory of the attributes remains

20 hours ago, Yepi said:

only if the attributes are deleted the inventory of the attributes remains

Please answer my questions:

23 hours ago, raiwa said:

3 hours ago, raiwa said:

Please answer my questions:

If attributes are created and the stock is linked to a main product, the Inventory table is displayed on the product info page. If I now delete the attributes again, the table with option name and stock 10 still exists. Only when I delete the main product is the table removed.

3 hours ago, Yepi said:

If attributes are created and the stock is linked to a main product, the Inventory table is displayed on the product info page. If I now delete the attributes again, the table with option name and stock 10 still exists. Only when I delete the main product is the table removed.

Yes, the stock info should be removed from the stock table when removing the attribute from the product.

For now the following workaround:

Before removing the attribute, go to the product stock page and set the attribute you wish to remove to zero stock.

Then delete the product attribute.

I'll have a deeper look and try to fix this for the next update so that it will automatically be removed when deleting attributes in product_attribute.php.