• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thank you for keeping osc alive

jdawes

Hello, happy new year. It's been over a decade since I've done any dev work on osc when a mate helped me create a connector for anz egate ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1728 ) but I remember it fondly as my first real shopping cart and being amazed at what it could do. Thought I would see how things were going because we were asked to look at an oscmax site. Thank you for keeping osc alive. All the best for 2017! Thanks for the memories and moment of reminiscing. Have been doing mainly wordpress and woocommerce in recent years but I'm looking forward to having another look at osc/max. Jez.

Jeremy Dawes

Do keep in mind that osCmax is a fork of osCommerce and is not supported here. I don't know what osCommerce level it's roughly equivalent to, but you should check that before committing resources to it. If its code base is still osC 2.2, I would strongly suggest that you (re)start with osC 2.3.4BS Edge (community-supported responsive version), or osC 2.4 if it's released by that time (the official release, which will largely be based on Edge). Even if osCmax is reasonably up to date (PHP 7 ready, MySQL 5 ready, security measures, responsive, new features), you should still at least take a look at osC 2.3.4 BS Edge or osC 2.4.

Archived