• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category front page for 2.3.4 bootstrap?

peterpil19

Hi there,

It's been about 10 years since I last posted on this forum. I've recently installed 2.3.4 BS Edge and I must say that I'm impressed. I love the responsive design. It's miles ahead of the old 2.2. version.

Before posting, I've searched the forums and add-ons as best I could and apologise if this question is already covered.

I want to display categories on my front page with images.

I can't find an add on for the responsive version of 2.3.4.

There is an add on (front page) which works for the non-responsive version. However the responsive install of this did not appear to have modules relating to categories on the front page.

Can someone point me in the right direction or give me tips on how I can achieve this manually?

For instance, if there is no addon, is there an easy way to manually put in the categories in say the main text section of the website without breaking the responsive design? 

Thanks for any help,

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Look for the Categories Images Content Module. Click on my username for a link to it. It does require the Modular Front Page addon, so you'll need that as well.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

I had previously attempted to install the Modular Front Page addon with no luck. I've tried again several times...

The changes to the index.php are not working for me. I've compared side by side and I can't see anything I've done wrong. REplacing the index.php with the one supplied in the add on also does not work...

Any chance you could point me in the right direction or where I've gone wrong?

Here is the error message:

Warning: include(DIR_WS_MODULEScontent/front_page/templates/cm_fp_title.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/includes/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_title.php on line 40

Warning: include(DIR_WS_MODULEScontent/front_page/templates/cm_fp_title.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.../public_html/includes/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_title.php on line 40

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'DIR_WS_MODULEScontent/front_page/templates/cm_fp_title.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.../public_html/includes/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_title.php on line 40

Here is the bottom section of index.php where I have added the modular front page code (replacing everything in between) per the instructions:

<?php
  } else { // default page

// Start Modular Front Page
?>

<div class="row">

<?php
    echo $oscTemplate->getContent('front_page');
?>

</div>

<?php
// End Modular Front Page
}

require('includes/template_bottom.php');
  require('includes/application_bottom.php');
?>

Grateful for any assistance,

Peter

Edited by peterpil19

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Any time you see something in a URL in all caps, like DIR_WS_MODULES in yours, that means you have a constant that is not being defined somewhere. DIR_WS_MODULES is usually defined in /includes/configure.php. The latest versions of the Edge release are missing some of these constants, which will break most addons. You can find the defines in a copy of stock osC 2.3.4 or in the Gold release. Just copy them into your file.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you so much!

That is really helpful, I've made all the changes now and it works beautifully. Excellent Ad On.

Thanks again.

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER