• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Doubt about changing into ecommerce

stackon

hi

i have a billiard table selling website and a led bulb selling website.  Both website are in wordpress. can i convert this website into ecommerce with this same platform? my english is not so good. please forgive me

The sites (before the links were removed) were apparently already WordPress + ecommerce. It's not clear whether the OP wanted to convert to osCommerce, or what. There was also something fishy about the excellent English of the sites and the "not so good english" of the post (using "Doubt" instead of "Question" -- I've seen that before in spam templates).

• 3 weeks later...

there are a lot of plugin for wordpress shop that let you export products to a csv file. 

Working with that csv files you can populate an oscommerce with "easy populate" or via PhpMyAdmin splitting your csv into files that match database tables. 

Remember, we're not here to support WP+ecommerce shops. We're here to support osCommerce, either an existing or proposed shop. I think there is a modified osC shop to plug into WP, but it's based on old code and not supported here. If the OP is not satisfied with WP's shop plug-in, a number of sites run osCommerce for the shop and WP for blogs/discussions/etc. Just keep in mind that they will probably not be as tightly integrated as WP + its own ecommerce package. There might be something around for a common log-in across the system, but it may require an update for the latest osC.

I reported the original post because it sounded a lot like spamming. The sites already had ecommerce capability, but the poster seemed to be asking about adding generic ecommerce to the sites. If the intent was to ask about adding osCommerce to the site (replacing whatever is currently there), then the garbled English confused several of us -- please accept my apologies for accusing you of deliberately spamming.

Archived