• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

where can i ask if something is allowed

hungryfrank

If it's a more or less technical question, we could take a crack at it here in the open forum. If it's a legal "what is allowed on my site" question, that's probably between you and your host. Are you asking if some subject is permissible to talk about on this forum?

Technical issue (e.g., "might this break something?"), possible legal issue (e.g., "might this be a copyright infringement or other IP problem?"), or osC policy issue (e.g., "would you allow interoperability with a competing platform?")? Those might have different preferred areas within this forum.

@@hungryfrank

I would say you should contact a team member and ask them. At the bottom right of the main page of the forum is a link to see the team members. The link title is: The Moderating Team. Once you click the link, you can PM one of them with your question.

Take care

Bill

no it is about if something is allowed to be included in an addon?

@@hungryfrank

If you don't want to post here, you could probably PM someone like MrPhil and share the details of what you have in mind with him. I'm sure he could either answer your question or point you in the right direction.  I've always found him to be well versed in programming, legal and other ethical matters.  He shows good judgement, is thoughtful and willing to help.

Dan

PS;  @@MrPhil you can send me my payolla later. :D

OK Dan, here's three cents and an old candy I found in the seat cushions... just brush the cat hair off it before you put it in your mouth :)

I can offer my opinion, based on what I've seen and heard over the years, but I can't give you a legal position on any matter (I'm not a lawyer, although I do play one on television). Laws vary all over the place. Nor can I give you any kind of official position from the osC ownership and development side, as I'm not plugged in to that. I won't claim to be deeply familiar with the innards of osC, and can only guess whether something may cause technical problems. Other than that, you're welcome to my thoughts!

Archived