• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can not connect to the admin after migrating to PHP 5.5

guizolaii

Good evening,

I am working on a migration from an Oscommerce 2.X to PHP 5.5 ... I managed to solve many errors:

- register_globals

- functions decrepted

- etc ...

... But I can not understand why the connection to the admin does not work. Indeed, I enter my credentials and click on connect, and it does nothing. On the other hand if the identifiers are incorrect, it shows it to me. And the recovery system works ....

Do you have any idea where that might come from?

The admin configure files are different between those two versions so if you just used your old one it may not work, though I would think you would see an error. Saying "it does nothing" is very ambiguous. Does that mean the browser doesn't accept the click? It accepts it but displays a blank page? Something else?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The admin configure files are different between those two versions so if you just used your old one it may not work, though I would think you would see an error. Saying "it does nothing" is very ambiguous. Does that mean the browser doesn't accept the click? It accepts it but displays a blank page? Something else?

Thank you for your answer and your help.
I changed the configuration file well and found no error.

Regarding the fact that nothing happens: basically, it simply reloads the login page, doing nothing more ...

If it just reloads with no errors that could be the login is wrong.  Try deleting the administrators table in the database. It will then ask you to enter a new login, assuming you have the correct code in place and you are having problems with an on-page login, not a popup one.

If that doesn't help, take a look in the admin directory to see if there is an error_log file and, if so, if it has recent errors.

If that doesn't help, post your admins configure file here without the login credentials so someone can check it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If it just reloads with no errors that could be the login is wrong.  Try deleting the administrators table in the database. It will then ask you to enter a new login, assuming you have the correct code in place and you are having problems with an on-page login, not a popup one.

If that doesn't help, take a look in the admin directory to see if there is an error_log file and, if so, if it has recent errors.

If that doesn't help, post your admins configure file here without the login credentials so someone can check it.

How would you explain that the password reset works, and that the password received by email corresponds to its encryption in the database?

How would you explain that the password reset works, and that the password received by email corresponds to its encryption in the database?

J'oubliais ! Et le compteur de connexion dans la base de données augmentent à chaque tentative de login :s

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking.

On the login page, i can "reset" my password.

When i do this, i receive a new password by email.

When i try to connect to the "admin" width this password, the "numbers of connects" in the database is update.

Do you understand ?

@@guizolaii

On the login page, i can "reset" my password.

When i do this, i receive a new password by email.

When i try to connect to the "admin" width this password, the "numbers of connects" in the database is update.

Do you understand ?

Resetting your password through the store is *just* for customers. It has nothing to do with administrators.

Malcolm

@@guizolaii

Resetting your password through the store is *just* for customers. It has nothing to do with administrators.

Malcolm

My "admin" offers a "Forgotten Password" function though ... Maybe this is an addon developed by our former developer, but in any case, as I try to connect, the connection counter increases.

@@guizolaii

If that is an addon, I am not familiar with it. Do you know exactly which version of osC your site is running? Do you have a complete backup of the entire site (all of the code, plus the database)?

As you are finding out, newer versions of PHP are not compatible with older versions of osC. Unless you are relying on this site for income right now, this would be a good time to considering upgrading to the latest version of osC.

If you are relying on the site for income, is it possible for your host to roll back the version of PHP (temporarily) until you can get this fixed?

Malcolm

My "admin" offers a "Forgotten Password" function though ... Maybe this is an addon developed by our former developer, but in any case, as I try to connect, the connection counter increases.

I misread your original statement. You said, "Oscommerce 2.X to PHP 5.5" and I took that to mean you are upgrading your oscommerce version to the latest version which, apparently, is not the case. Please ignore my suggestion to delete the table. It won't accomplish what I intended, even if it is present.

For your problem, there are changes needed to make a 2.X shop compatible with php version 5.5. Have you made those changes? As I recall, they involved the includes/application_top.php, includes/functions/compatibility.php and includes/functions/sessions.php files.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Why in the world are you putting so much effort into migrating an early version of osC to current PHP? If you had to fix register globals, it sounds like you might be as far back as osC 2.2MS2, which is like 10 or 11 years old! It would be a lot easier, and a lot safer, to install the latest (2.3.4BS Edge community-supported release) and migrate your data over. You will have PHP 5.6 (and soon, 7.0) compatibility, responsive (mobile friendly) design, better security, and a bunch of new features.

The only reason you would stay at an old version is that over the years it has been so heavily modified, and all records of what was done have been lost, so that there is no reasonable way to figure out what changes to incorporate into the most recent version. In that case, you have essentially forked your own product, and have to shoulder most of the effort of supporting it.

The only reason you would stay at an old version is that over the years it has been so heavily modified, and all records of what was done have been lost, so that there is no reasonable way to figure out what changes to incorporate into the most recent version. In that case, you have essentially forked your own product, and have to shoulder most of the effort of supporting it.

@@MrPhil  Phil the other part of this, that has crossed my mind on several occasions, is when should we as a community start to say that we no longer support versions prior to whatever?  We seem to be enablers in some respects.  This of course is not directed at you or anyone else for that matter, and I don't know what the right answer is, it is just a thought that pops into my head from time to time.

Dan

it is just a thought that pops into my head from time to time.

:) yeah, I hear voices in my all the time, too!

Seriously, I think there should be some point at which support for ancient versions of osC should be dropped, or at least, shunted off to some grungy-looking area or even to a new subdomain. We need to drive home the point that no one should still be running such old code. Move all the discussions on 2.2 out of the main line of discussions (reserved for 2.3 and up), and declare End of Life for 2.2. At some point after 2.4 comes out, 2.3 will be facing the same issues. It just sows too much confusion to be discussing multiple generations of product in one place. Let's separate them and discourage people from staying on old ones.

Archived