• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manufacturer Drop Down Box

jonsteward

Basically when a customer clicks on a manufacturer he/she is taken to a list of all products by that manufacturer. At the top of this page is a drop down box so that you can go to different types of product by that manufacturer. I was just wondering how I could change the text in this box. For example in this image I have clicked on the Bausch & Lomb Manufacturer link and i am being offerd the drop down box which has got Bausch & Lomb listed twice is there a way of changing just the text in this box to something better like B & L Full Size Binos and B & L Compact Binoculars.

dropdown.jpg

They are in the subcategories as follows:

Binoculars -> Compact Binoculars -> Bausch & Lomb

Binoculars -> Full Size Binoculars -> Bausch & Lomb

This is how I would like the categories to be is there a way of changing what text is displayed in the drop down box. For example how could I add a field on the product description which is for the drop down box which is then read and displayed in the drop down box.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a question related to this.

The drop-down we are talking about here seems to do things in two ways:

a) if somewhere in the store i click on a manufacturer name, i get a list of all products from this manufacturer displayed. The drop-down box at the top seems to now list the CATEGORIES in which this artist appears.

B) if i just navigate through the regular category menu (on the left side) into a category, the drop-down shows a list of all the artists in this category.

I love the drop down in scenario B), but would love to remove the drop-down in scenario a). Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks much,

Dan

to CodeConfused:

to eliminate scenario A you can do this:

edit index.php (or default.php)

find this

if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER) {

$filterlist = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);

and add this right after it

if ($manufacturers_id) {

echo "";

}else{

then find this

// Get the right image for the top-right

and type } above this line

thanks

hi prosto,

the code in my default.php looks slightly different (I have 2.2CVS May 18, 2003 snapshot).

this is the code i have:

// optional Product List Filter

if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";

} else {

$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";

}

$filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);

if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {

echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'GET') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);

$options = array(array('text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));

} else {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);

$options = array(array('text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));

}

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);

while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {

$options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);

}

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'], 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');

echo '</form></td>' . "n";

}

}

// Get the right image for the top-right

how would i need to change this code to get rid of scenario A?

thanks much,

dan[/code]

Can anybody tell me how to sort the manufarurers by my own sort order, I figure this could be a little code splice or a nightmare. I am currently having to prefix my entries with a number to force them to list in the order I want. Just to give you the bigger picture I've changed this funtions title to "Price Range".

• 1 month later...

Archived