Phoenix 1.0.2.2   PHP 7.3

Works fine but in the server log is.

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_STORE_MODE_ALLOWED_IPS - assumed 'MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_STORE_MODE_ALLOWED_IPS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in D:\\*******\\htdocs\\includes\\modules\\header_tags\\ht_store_mode.php on line 523, referer: http://localhost/*********admin/modules.php?set=header_tags&list=new&module=ht_store_mode

Live Phoenix 1.0.5.0 on PHP 7.3

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC community version (CE Phoenix 1.0.7.9) here.

Thanks @raiwa for your great contributions.

On a finer point:

In includes/languages/english/modules/content/header/cm_header_store_mode.php line 24 you have "Sorry, you have tried to access a temporary closed area"

In my opinion temporarily is the correct word. English heh, what a language!

define('MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_STORE_MODE_CUSTOM_MESSAGE_SHORT', 'Sorry, you have tried to access a temporarily closed area.');

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC community version (CE Phoenix 1.0.7.9) here.

Updated for Phoenix:

Store Mode Phoenix 1.3.1.

Changes 1.3.1:
- fixed typo in header module english language file. Thanks to @mhsuffolk
- fixed undefined error message. Thanks to @mhsuffolk

Changes 1.3.0:
- header module updated for Phoenix BS 4
- Updated header module message to show correct offline time if 2h auto setting is used
- Updated admin header module message for 2h auto setting

I cannot get the MODULE_CONTENT_HEADER_STORE_MODE_CHECKOUT_MESSAGE to show on index.php and checkout pages.

Only the admin message " The store is actually in CHECKOUT Mode. Don't forget to switch it back to Online Mode once you finished" shows.

Phoenix 1.3.0.0

14 hours ago, raiwa said:

You installed the header content module?

Yes.

I upgraded from 1.2.1 which worked correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both modules but no change.

Updated:

Store Mode Phoenix 1.3.2.

Changes 1.3.2:
- fixed code reference in .htaccess offline mod script

I think this question may be a bit of a silly one.

Am I correct in my thinking that selecting 'Checkout' will disable the checkout. If so does it just stop the checkout system but will allow things to be added into the customers cart or will it also prevent anything being added to the cart.

I dont want customers to be able to add items to their cart whilst stor eis closed but still want then to be able to look around the site and see whats available.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Hi Steve,

Avoid adding items to cart is not included in the module. Even you could add a redirect to the shopping cart page, they could still add items. So this would need to be coded for  the "add product" and "buy now" actions.

When I find time I may add it in the next update.

Rainer. I was hoping to keep the site open but think it may be best to just close it for maintenance straight away. I want a bit of time to have a break and the UK covid lockdown seems like a good time to get the new site finished and uploaded and then tested fully before making it live. If I stay open I dont get the time to do anything.

If you want to close for maintenance, it doesn't disturb that hey can add items to the cart? If you use paypal express checkout button, you could just switch it temporary off in the PayPal App.

Turning off the payment modules may be an easier way. With a message on all the pages in the header may stop emails and calls.

More to think about.

28 minutes ago, 14steve14 said:

Turning off the payment modules may be an easier way.

I think that if you do that, it assumes that you want to allow paymentless checkout.  I.e. that enables checkout rather than blocking it. 

Always back up before making changes.

That's not good then.