• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Introducing the Conversational Form : Futur of the web form ?

Gyakutsuki

What do you think, is it the futur to fill the form ? Curious to test and to have your return, opinion

How to integrate : an example

For 2.4 in includes/modules/login/template/login_form.php replace the line by tby this. Just add cf-form-element .

<?php echo HTML::form('login', OSCOM::link('login.php', 'action=process'), 'post', 'cf-form-element', ['tokenize' => true]); ?>

and add this script

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://rawgit.com/space10-community/conversational-form/master/dist/conversational-form.min.js" crossorigin></script>

It's possible also to customize to increase the relation with the customer.

That's all. very simple

For more information you can visit  : https://space10-community.github.io/conversational-form/

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

A solution looking for a problem, perhaps?   Actually I can see a use for complex data collection...ie financial planning, tax preparation or something along those lines.

Dan

Very light gray text on a white background. Tell them to go look up the Web Accessibility Standards and let me know when they've fixed that mess.

Seriously, are there any web designers who realize that some of us don't have perfect eyesight?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I think it's something in evolution, for example, when you try the script on page like create_account.php, you don't know  exactly the number of the fields to fill. Again work to make, but the concept is interesting and can evolve. Some people use the web chat and this is the way of this concept.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

@@kymation

I agree with you on the low contrast crap on websites.  Drives me nuts especially with smaller fonts.  And, sometimes they do weird percentages on fonts that don't display well.  Or, just weird color schemes.  Maybe some will like it, but some won't like it and you lose people. 

I'm not really a dog.

• 9 months later...
On 11/30/2016 at 9:26 AM, wHiTeHaT said:

What is your name?
-my name is Henry <- and here this concept fails. (unless make a fix for that... and then it never ends).

Hi, Hank! :)  Couldn't resist...

On 11/30/2016 at 9:45 AM, John W said:

I agree with you on the low contrast crap on websites.  Drives me nuts especially with smaller fonts.  And, sometimes they do weird percentages on fonts that don't display well.  Or, just weird color schemes.  Maybe some will like it, but some won't like it and you lose people. 

Obviously this was designed by an artiste. I kept trying to enter my name somewhere in or near the prompt, before I happened to see the off-white-on-white "Enter name here"! I agree that this bozo doesn't know the first thing about designing a usable page. What does an up-pointing arrow mean? Oh, hit Enter!

Problems can show up anywhere. This morning I was looking at the National Hurricane Center map of watches and warnings for Hurricane Maria. For hurricane watches, they chose a certain shade of pink that I, with red-green color deficiency, can't tell apart from the gray used for land. I can't see any watches unless I notice that it extends outside of the land boundary! I think I'll write to the NHC and give them some feedback on this.

So rather than a standard form, it's more of a chatbot with an agenda? It just asks you a series of questions until you've answered everything? I could see a problem with this, in that it's not clear what data will be requested, and you might add a piece of data in the wrong place because you need to give it, but don't know if it will be asked for. At least, if I can see the entire form, I can see what will be asked and where the most appropriate place to put some specific information will be. I can also judge how long this is going to take, and even whether they're going to want information that I don't care to give.

Verdict: useless.

Maybe it could be slightly useful for some situation where what questions are to be asked depends on earlier answers, but that can already be done with dynamic update of a form, or splitting it up into several pages.

Archived