Latest News: (loading..)
Harald Ponce de Leon

v2.4.2 Online Update Available

32 posts in this topic

Ty.  I actually had php-pclzip installed.  Didn't even notice php-zip.  Product tabs in admin is not working.  Guess that will be coming in a later update.

try

apt-get install php-zip
apt-get install php7.0-zip

ok search php zip inside synaptic

Online Update gives me a blank screen.

Where can i download update files from 2.4.0 to 2.4.(newest)

3 hours ago, arildrei said:

Online Update gives me a blank screen.

Where can i download update files from 2.4.0 to 2.4.(newest)

If you are just new to osC I would suggest that you use the EDGE version.  2.4 maybe okay for production purposes but most of the community is using EDGE and there are lots of nice modules available for it, that may or may not work with 2.4.  You'll also get much better support from the community if you use it.   

Dan

On 7/14/2017 at 4:01 AM, Dan Cole said:

If you are just new to osC I would suggest that you use the EDGE version.  2.4 maybe okay for production purposes but most of the community is using EDGE and there are lots of nice modules available for it, that may or may not work with 2.4.  You'll also get much better support from the community if you use it.   

Dan

Have been using OC for about 10 years, so well not actually new user.

I know SQL and PHP quite good if i may say so, and like the OC project.

I have implemented full accounting and other facilities to my OC, but due a upgrade to my Ubuntu box made the old OC to stop

I like the interface to the 2.4.0 and would like to get my new 2.4.0 to automatically upgrade, but  it gives me a blank screen.

I could find the bug myself after getting the system to work again, but kinda lazy.

Is there any zip file or DL page where i could get the new 2.4.0 to 2.4.3 files?

On 22.11.2016 at 1:57 PM, Harald Ponce de Leon said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Here is what the Online Update has performed so far:

v2.4.1:

• filesize: 10 KB
  • add new files (cookie header tag module)
  • install and enable cookie header tag module

v2.4.2

• filesize: 820 KB
  • add new files (php classes, newer bootstrap version, newer jquery version)
  • update existing files (bug fixes, improvements, ..)
  • delete legacy files (older bootstrap version, older jquery version, div equal height header tag module)
  • perform database table changes (changing varchar fields to varchar(255), adding content_html column to newsletter table; adding products_gtin column to products table)

in addition to vigorous file permission checking and error logging.

The update packages are securely signed with a key - our public key exists in includes/OSC/Work/Keys which is used to verify the downloaded packages. Each package is a zip in a zip file - the first level zip contains the actual online update zip package together with the signature file to verify the update zip package with. This saves two separate downloads to avoid network/connection issues. The online update zip package is then extracted and inspected to check the file permissions on existing files and directories that are to be updated.

It's possible to have a single signed phar package however we encountered numerous problems with phar during v3.0 development and chose the zip in a zip approach for v2.4.

The same feature will soon be available to Apps and each vendor will have their own generated keys their packages will be signed with.

My online update does not work.

Where can i find the files to upgrade manually?