Latest News: (loading..)
Harald Ponce de Leon

v2.4.2 Online Update Available

32 posts in this topic

Hi All..

v2.4.2 is ready to be applied in your Admin Dashboard -> Shop -> Tools -> Online Update page.

Please be aware that this will replace core files and delete certain files. A full list of changes can be seen here:

https://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce2/compare/v2.4.1...v2.4.2

The database table changes are applied automatically during the online update routine.

Please report any problems here.

Thanks!

kymation and acidvertigo like this

@@Harald Ponce de Leon I'm getting errors trying to go from 2.4.0 to 2.4.2.

Let me know if you want more details.... or if I missed the boat on 2.4.1 and should start over.

Error!

Could not start the procedure to apply the update package. Please try again.

[21-Nov-2016 13:58:29 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Session Handler 'OSC\OM\Session\mysql' does not exist, using default 'OSC\OM\Session\File' in /home/flournet/public_html/sandbox4/includes/OSC/OM/Session.php on line 18
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Session Handler 'OSC\OM\Session\mysql' does not exist, using default 'OSC\OM\Session\File' in /home/flournet/public_html/sandbox4/includes/OSC/OM/Session.php on line 18
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  OSC\OM\Registry::get - Language is not registered in /home/*******/public_html/sandbox4/includes/OSC/OM/Registry.php on line 18
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function loadDefinitions() on a non-object in /home/*****/public_html/sandbox4/includes/work/online_updates/update_contents/2.4.1/Update.php on line 16

And in the online_updates dir

[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Starting update
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Cleaning work directory
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Extracting downloaded update package
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Verifying downloaded update package
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Extracting downloaded update package files
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Verifying update package meta file
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Verifying file and directory permissions
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Starting the update process
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/includes/modules/header_tags/ht_cookie.php
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/includes/languages/english/modules/header_tags/ht_cookie.txt
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/cookieconsent.min.js
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/light-bottom.css
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/light-top.css
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/dark-bottom.css
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/*****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/light-floating.css
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/dark-top.css
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] + UPDATED: /home/****/public_html/sandbox4/ext/cookieconsent2/dark-floating.css
[21-Nov-2016 13:58:30] Executing update package runAfter()

@@greasemonkey first time seeing this! The session storage driver is set to "mysql" however it should actually be "MySQL". Could you confirm if you changed this manually in includes/OSC/Conf/global.php? It's the store_sessions parameter.

Edited by Harald Ponce de Leon

BTW, if there's an error and you're looking at what the problem could be, revert includes/OSC/version.txt to the version prior the update and the update will be applied again.

is this for 2.4.0 beta installation?

im currently using Edge version which is a few months old now.

I was wondering whether i should download this one now?

@@greasemonkey first time seeing this! The session storage driver is set to "mysql" however it should actually be "MySQL". Could you confirm if you changed this manually in includes/OSC/Conf/global.php? It's the store_sessions parameter.

I'll check. In catalog/ - or will this be found in catalog/admin/?

Update good, but in admin newsletter and send e-mail, click on either plain or html tab bounces to admin root:

Url example:

https://localhost/2.4.2_beta/admin/#plain_email

Same in preview:

https://localhost/2.4.2_beta/admin/#plain_preview

Test installation under XAMPP windows 10, PHP5.5

admin => site_config.php:

<?php
$ini = <<<EOD
dir_root = "C:/xampp_php_5_5/htdocs/2.4.2_beta/admin/"
http_server = "https://localhost"
http_path = "/2.4.2_beta/admin/"
http_images_path = "images/"
http_cookie_domain = ""
http_cookie_path = "/2.4.2_beta/admin/"
EOD;

rgds

Rainer

@@raiwa Could you check your browsers console log? Perhaps there's a javascript error occurring elsewhere that causes that behaviour with the tabs. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Here is what the Online Update has performed so far:

v2.4.1:

• filesize: 10 KB
  • add new files (cookie header tag module)
  • install and enable cookie header tag module

v2.4.2

• filesize: 820 KB
  • add new files (php classes, newer bootstrap version, newer jquery version)
  • update existing files (bug fixes, improvements, ..)
  • delete legacy files (older bootstrap version, older jquery version, div equal height header tag module)
  • perform database table changes (changing varchar fields to varchar(255), adding content_html column to newsletter table; adding products_gtin column to products table)

in addition to vigorous file permission checking and error logging.

The update packages are securely signed with a key - our public key exists in includes/OSC/Work/Keys which is used to verify the downloaded packages. Each package is a zip in a zip file - the first level zip contains the actual online update zip package together with the signature file to verify the update zip package with. This saves two separate downloads to avoid network/connection issues. The online update zip package is then extracted and inspected to check the file permissions on existing files and directories that are to be updated.

It's possible to have a single signed phar package however we encountered numerous problems with phar during v3.0 development and chose the zip in a zip approach for v2.4.

The same feature will soon be available to Apps and each vendor will have their own generated keys their packages will be signed with.

burt likes this

@@raiwa Could you check your browsers console log? Perhaps there's a javascript error occurring elsewhere that causes that behaviour with the tabs. Thanks!

Checked in console and got first an jquery version error message (something like: bootstrap requires version bigger than 1.1 and lower than 3).

Sorry, I didn't copy the message and can't recreate it now any more. Then I went to admin => e-mail and the tabs began to work correct and the error message disappeared. Now I can't recreate the error any more, :thumbsup:

rgds

Rainer

Checked in console and got first an jquery version error message (something like: bootstrap requires version bigger than 1.1 and lower than 3).

Sorry, I didn't copy the message and can't recreate it now any more. Then I went to admin => e-mail and the tabs began to work correct and the error message disappeared. Now I can't recreate the error any more, :thumbsup:

It looks like Bootstrap v3.3.6 was cached in your browser. The OSCOM v2.4.2 update replaced that with v3.3.7 which added jQuery v3 compatibility (jQuery was also updated in OSCOM v2.4.2 from v2.2.3 to v3.1.1).

jQuery has it's version in the filename while Bootstrap does not. We will look into fixing this.

Hi all

i am new here. I did work long time with osCommerce 2.2

Now i like to check out the osCommerce 2.4. a lot work for me i need to understand the new core. ;-)

BTW i did install today and all went very good no erros.

But i suggest in catalog/install/templates/pages/install_4.php change the chmod form 0644 to 0444

because if PHP Apache modul running in fast-cgi mode you get a security report that the configure.php files are writable.

And i have a question (if this wrong her than Admin please sorry)

How the new code create the database i did not found yet.

Thanks for the answer.

Edited by mcmannehan

And i have a question (if this wrong here than Admin please sorry)

How the new code create the database i did not found yet.

Who searches the finds also... :)

I found already...

Edited by mcmannehan

Hello All,

I just installed 2.4.0 from the download page on my desktop PC running Ubuntu Mate.  The installation went perfectly but the updating keeps resulting in an error.  The error is for installing 2.4.1.

Error!

Could not start the procedure to apply the update package. Please try again.

Here is the log file that is generated.

[26-Feb-2017 18:12:12 America/Toronto] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /media/andrew/e8380912-c978-4751-a9e5-b5f21667ba52/WWW/LTP240/control/online_update.php:283

Stack trace:
#0 {main}
  thrown in /media/andrew/e8380912-c978-4751-a9e5-b5f21667ba52/WWW/LTP240/control/online_update.php on line 283

Anyone have ideas as to what might be causing the problem?