• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which discount mod works with PayPal App Express Checkout?

ecommunlimited

Does anyone know of a discount mod that works with PayPal App Express Checkout? I was using Discount Codes 3.6 BS reloaded with the regular Express Checkout and it worked fine but, it doesn't work with the PayPal App. For some reason the line items will not pass properly.

Take care

Bill

@@ecommunlimited,

it works correct if you are using SSL and the option "Instant Update" set to "true".

Otherwise, even the discount is not shown and the total is not correct on PayPal, once the customer comes back to the store's checkout_confirmation page all shows correct.

If you can't use SSL, use the old stand alone express checkout version 3.1. There it works without SSL.

Hope this helps

rgds

Rainer

@@raiwa

I have a current OV certificate from Thawte as well as the certificate used from my CDN Cloudflare. And the PayPal App has the paypal.com.crt. I run a full SSL front and back and I had the Instant Update set to true. All showed correct when coming back to the checkout_confirmation page but not in the PayPal log or at PayPal itself. In the log the shipping and tax were 0.00 as well as at PayPal when I looked at the transaction details. And the confirmation sent emails to me and the customers from PayPal shows the total but no line items.

I figured as far as SSL was concerned I was covered but maybe there's some conflict with the SSL's. What do you think?

Take care

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

@@raiwa

I found what my issue was caused by, or at least I believe it to be. I was using Discount Codes 3.6 BS with the Modular Shopping Cart and Ship In Cart BS options. They were not compatible with it because when I was updating the Discount Codes I did NOT update the others along with it. I believe that was the issue. Once I updated all 3 it worked fine. Since then I have updated to Discount_Codes_4.1_BS and the other 2 are updated as well. They work as intended.

Take care

Bill