• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Defined file names not found.

bikermanirl

A lot file names in filenames.php languages/english are not working. for example:

define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php'); // filenames.php

define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------'); // languages/english/order.php

If I copy the definitions to includes/configure.php everything works

here is my config file

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/USER-NAME-REMOVED/public_html/');
  define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '//');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
  define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
  define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
  define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
  define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
  define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
  define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
  define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

The server url has changed, is there anywhere in the database that may effect this?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

If the shop was working before the server move, then the problem is either the new server is using a version of php that is not compatible with your shop or some path in the files has not been changed correctly, though I would expect more serious failures for the latter.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you overlooking/suppressing any error messages telling you that PHP can't find a file using the include path? Maybe the new server has a different default include path for PHP, and you will need to set it in php.ini.

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried them and no joy.

It looks like it is a database issue. I have a clone of the site with the standard database and the file names work fine. The database has been converted from Loaded Commerce to Oscommerce so there may be an incorrect column name somewhere.

Is there any part of the database that references the filenames.php files for both admin and catalog?

I think I have it figured out. After upgrading to bootstrap responsive the following lines were missing from application top.php in catalog and admin

// include the list of project filenames
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php');

Is that taken care of elsewhere in Responsive-osCommerce-master or is it an error?

in future officially as of v2.4 these definitions are no longer used. Burt started to implement this change in his bootstrap version early on as with a lot of other changes where he pushed things forward waiting for the official release to catch up ...

getting rid of the mandatory defines, makes the addition of contribution later on easier.

As you  did, you can still manually include the call yourself, and start removing the use of the FILENAMExxx constants from your code as time permits.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 2 months later...

Great info, I didn't know about this compatibility add-on.

I was with a new add-on always looking in the servers error_log and depending what errors it brought I adapted the add-on's php files, mostly WS_ or FILENAME constants.  Not knowing about this cool add-on, thanks for the tip Dan!

Archived