• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove osCsid from url with Osc 2.3.4

egutierrez

I have just moved my osc 2.3.4 Bs to a new server with PHP 7 (ubuntu 16.04) and I found that the only way to remove the osCsid from url was to put Force Cookie Use = True.

My configure file is like that (shop in root):

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.com');
  define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.domainname.com');
  define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domainname.com');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domainname.com');
  define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
  define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

Do you find normal the only way to remove it was to put Force Cookie Use = True? Shouldn't it work fine with Force Cookie Use = false?

You will always have the osCsid the first time you visit the site. It should disappear from the next page you visit if everything is working and your browser is accepting cookies. If that doesn't happen, try:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'domainname.com');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'domainname.com');

or:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
  define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Many thanks Jim. I have tried both options without success. In my old server it worked with:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

But this is not working in the new server, so this is why I was thinking if it could be something relative to PHP 7.

Other thing i have noticed is that the sessions table had 16 MB after 5 days and I think it's too much, so the traffic of this site is not too much.

I have also applied the following commit without success: 

d2d4d7d

osCommerce has not been extensively tested with PHP 7 so there could be issues. There could also be issues with server settings. You may need to do a bit of experimenting to find what works on your server.

I would first try setting everything in your Admin >> Configuration >> Sessions to False (except for Prevent Spider Sessions; that should always be True).

Regards

Jim

Well, I have tried setting everything in myAdmin >> Configuration >> Sessions to False (except for Prevent Spider Sessions) but not success.

Can I pm the site, so you can test it?

I tried the following test: I close all browsers then open a new one visiting the front of myshop. Hover over the links and I see the osCsid attached to all URLs. Now refresh the page and hover the links, the osCsid should be gone but NOT in my website.

Refresh may not work, depending on who is caching pages between your browser and the site. Try clicking on a link.

You can PM me the link and I'll try it.

Regards

Jim

• 1 month later...

Archived