• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

McAfee Trustmark Module

Testers wanted.

This will add the McAfee Trustmark to your site site. Just upload, install header module, then activate through the McAfee Secure Trustmark configuration page accessed from the left hand menu. Module can be disabled any time you like.

The Trustmark is free.

Is the free plan really free?

Yes. Users of the free plan can be scanned for malware, be listed in our SECURE directory, collect website ratings from their visitors, and display the trustmark to up to 500 visitors per month. Once you've reached the limit, the trustmark image will stop displaying on your site automatically—there's no need to remove code manually. The 500 free visits reset on the first of every month, regardless of when you signed up for the service. Unused visits don't roll over to the next month. You can log into your account at mcafeesecure.com at any time to see how many visits you have left.

I have tested it with Edge and Gold and it appears to work fine. Please try it and get back to me.

post-3583-0-79741500-1478224562_thumb.png  post-3583-0-19076800-1478224576_thumb.png

http://d1d94ji59warph.cloudfront.net/static/img/lsu-ms-lite-trustmark.gif

mcafee_secure_1.0.zip

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

@@frankl

Hi

Just tried this. If you click on the M icon down in the bottom right of the browser, is it normal to have to refresh the page to get "rid" of the pop up screen, as the little x in the top right next to the" verify" dosen't seem to do anything.

Also how best to move the M slightly more to the left.

Cheers

Grandpa

@@grandpaj

Thanks for testing John.

The trustmark is difficult to move as the position etc is set through your McAfee account, and on the free account it is where it is! :)

As for the 'x', I haven't had a problem with that but again, that would rest with McAfee.

Otherwise, did you find it easy to install and configure?

@@grandpaj

To move the Trustmark to the left add these lines to user.css

div[style] {
   right: 100px !important;
}

Change 100px to whatever you like, less or more.

You will lose the small 'M' though.

@@frankl,

Great add-on. Installed on a non ssl store and works well even on this. Just doesn't show the ssl verification.

Tried to install on another store and get blank page in admin/mcafee_secure.php

It seems the script doesn't connect to the McAfee server.

All installation identical to the other store, Same server, php version etc. Checked 3 times, all files are uploaded to the correct directories.

Only difference is that the non working store is a newer Edge version form march this year maybe. The working version is older from beginning 2015 I believe.

Any suggestion for debugging?

Some suggestions:

- header tag module: class constructor name should be changed to __construct for php7 compatibility

- header tag module: database table name should be hardcoded: "configuration", for future versions compatibility. Table name constants will be removed.

- header tag module: <script type="text/javascript............." is obsolete, should be <script ...............

- admin/mcafee_secure.php: text is hardcoded, is this only in this pre-version?

Best regards

Rainer

Hi, Thank you for this, excellent. Thank you too for the other helpful contributions you make to this forum.

I’ve checked the implementation of this several times but “MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MCAFEE_TRUSTMARK_ID” (line 34 includes>modules>header_tags>ht_mcafee_trustmark.php) throws up an “undefined constant” message, I can’t find where it is/should be defined?

Many thanks

@@frankl,

Tried to install on another store and get blank page in admin/mcafee_secure.php

It seems the script doesn't connect to the McAfee server.

All installation identical to the other store, Same server, php version etc. Checked 3 times, all files are uploaded to the correct directories.

Only difference is that the non working store is a newer Edge version form march this year maybe. The working version is older from beginning 2015 I believe.

Any suggestion for debugging?

After several days it began to work on the second store. I didn't change any file or setting. Is it possible that they do not allow to set up more than one site for free at the same time and it takes some days to get a second site validated?

rgds

Rainer

Thank you for your input to help improve the module @@grandpaj @@ecommunlimited @@raiwa @@trier.

McAfee Trustmark Module v1.0a

• Added __construct to header tag module for PHP7 compatibility
  • Hardcoded table references in header tag module for Edge compatibility
  • Removed MODULE_HEADER_TAGS_MCAFEE_TRUSTMARK_ID reference from header tag module (no longer used)
  • Moved javascript to admin/mcafee_secure.php file
  • Added language definitions
  • Made links in admin/mcafee_secure.php more direct for ease of use.
  • Installation checks in admin/mcafee_secure.php improved and links to fix errors updated to be more direct.

Uninstall previous module, upload all files (will overwrite previous files), then reinstall.

Remove folder catalog/admin/ext/modules/mcafee/js from your previous installation if you desire, no longer used.

mcafee_secure_1.0a.zip

After several days it began to work on the second store. I didn't change any file or setting. Is it possible that they do not allow to set up more than one site for free at the same time and it takes some days to get a second site validated?

rgds

Rainer

That's weird. I don't know anything about the way McAfee treats extra domains. I've run out of ones to test lol.

@@frankl

Just reinstalled waiting for it all to sort out, however I do note that when clicking on McAfee SECURE in the admin section the font size for all the boxes in admin change size, then when clicking on another box say modules, all return to the "correct" size. Not a biggy, hope Ive descrided OK.

Any thoughts

Cheers

John

@@frankl

Hi Frank

Just at the moment having trouble trying to get the  "M" image to appear in the bottom right of the screen.Maybe this takes some time to happen after installation. Im going to reinstall just in case I got something wrong although its a pretty easy instll.

Cheers

John

@@valquiria23

Hi Valqui

I was going to hold off on making it a contribution until version 2.4 is released and make it for that. It is fine to use as is on a 2.3.4BS store as it is (see this post http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/410392-mcafee-trustmark-module/?p=1749640).

@@frankl

Hi Frank

Just thought Id uninstall the Addon as "Remove Module" didn't get rid of th "M"  etc on the site.

So unistalled all files and DB entries, but it seems there may be a bit more to this and somehow contact with McAfee is required to get rid of the addon entirely, as even with all files removed the addon still appears to be working in the bottom right of the sight

Any thoughts.

Cheers

Grandpa

@@frankl

Hi Frank

As far as Im aware Ive removed cookies I use F5 and privacy in FF maybe theres another way.However are you able to check the web sit for me. (grandpas)

Many thanks

Grandpa

Archived